To see what questions you may be asked at the interview to hire a medical sales representative, refer to the set below:
Medical Sales Representative Interview Questions and Answers
1. How do you qualify to work as a medical sales representative for our company?
I have worked as a medical sales representative for a large pharmaceutical concern for over 3 years now, and I am quite well-versed in handling the duties of one. With exceptional knowledge of all popular medicinal salts and their competitive equivalents, and the fact that I am extremely good with words (required to convince medical professionals to buy a product) make me an excellent person to hire for this role.
2. How would you react if you were asked a technical question by a doctor that you were clueless about?
If a situation such as this came about, I would admit that what the doctor has said cannot be comprehended by me. And that some clarification will be appreciated.
3. But will that not be embarrassing? To admit that you do not know something about the profession you are working in.
As a matter of fact, medical sales representatives are not really medical professionals. So I guess it is not too much of a problem if they are unfamiliar with a term or a word. I think it is best to own up instead of providing incorrect information.
4. What is your specific way when paying a visit to a prospective client?
After the initial greeting, I begin by introducing my company – briefly. Once the client is comfortable with me, I go on to introduce the product or medicine that I am endorsing, charting out its benefits and features.
5. Have you ever demonstrated the features of medical equipment?
Several times. Before medical sales representatives are sent out into the field, they undergo a thorough training session to help them understand what the equipment does, and how to handle its operations.
6. How do you edict information/comparison with the competition?
Without maligning another company, it is part of my work to talk about what limitations competitive products have, in comparison with the one that I am endorsing. But I do not go out of my way to put down another product just to make a sale.