Most recruiters consider resume as a useful marketing tool if utilized correctly.
If you are planning to send a job application for a medical records specialist position make sure your resume is up to date and highly customized to the specific job.
The present-day job market is very crowded, and only a highly impressive resume can get you a job interview.
Medical Records Specialist Resume Writing Tips
• Incorporate industry-specific keywords with descriptive material that demonstrates your experience and familiarity with the job.
• Customize your professional summary for the position by carefully highlighting the most desirable qualifications you possess.
• Do not forget to include a bulleted outline of your professional achievements since these document your caliber and capability.
Below is a medical records specialist resume sample for further guidance in this regard.
See also: Medical Records Specialist Cover Letter
Medical Records Specialist Resume Example
230 Heaven Ave, Dallas, TX 65004
❖❖ MEDICAL RECORDS SPECIALIST ❖❖
Meticulous and accurate medical records specialist with an 8-plus-year track record of managing patient information database and record systems. A team player who has excellent attention to detail, and can work in a fast-paced environment. Highly effective problem solver, with the ability to make decisions independently and quickly with minimum escalations. Substantial knowledge of various interactive technology and tools for data collection and records compilation.
• Integrated all patients’ medical and lab data from 3 different databases into one electronic system in 2 months with 100% accuracy.
• Enhanced invoice verification speed by 60% leveraging effective account synchronization strategies.
• Augmented overall patient satisfaction level massively by demonstration professional work ethic and positive relationship building skills.
|– Chart Collating
– Electronic Data Entry
– Chart Prep
– Record Retrieval
– Database Maintenance
– Date Accuracy
|– Code Assignment
– STAT Processing
– Patient History
– Lab Data Integration
– Medical Reports
• PointClickCare and OSCAR software
• EHR System Operation
• MS Office Suite
• Typing Speed: 45 wpm
Medical Record Specialist
Community Healthcare, Dallas, TX | 5/2012 to Present
• Evaluate clinical data records for quality assurance
• Manage the release of patient information and verify invoices based on same
• Ensure that all records are maintained in compliance with HIPPA guidelines regarding medical record keeping
• Utilize various electronic record keeping systems
Medical Records Assistant
The Medical Group, Dallas, TX | 2010-2013
• Maintained the electronic patient database
• Located and retrieved patients’ medical records
• Took patient histories and created new files for first-time patients
• Followed FDA guidelines regarding medical record keeping
Associate’s Degree in Statistics
The Technical College, Dallas, TX – 2010