Most recruiters consider resume as an effective marketing tool if utilized properly. If you are planning to send a job application for a medical records specialist position make sure your resume is up to date and highly customized to the specific job. The present day job market is very crowded and only a highly impressive resume can get you a job interview. Below are some golden tips that apply to effective resume writing:
• Incorporate industry specific keywords with descriptive material that demonstrates your experience and familiarity with the job.
• Customize your professional summary for the job you are applying for, carefully highlighting the most desirable qualifications you possess.
• Do not forget to include a bulleted outline of your professional achievements since these document your caliber and capability.
Below is a medical records specialist resume sample for further guidance in this regard.
230 Heaven Ave • Dallas, TX 65008 • (005) 444- 3333 • kevin @ email . com
❖❖ MEDICAL RECORDS SPECIALIST ❖❖
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: Meticulous, accurate professional with a demonstrated expertise in managing patient information database and record systems. A team player who is attentive to details and is able to work in a fast paced environment. Highly effective problem solver having the ability to make decisions independently and quickly with minimum escalations. Substantial knowledge regarding various interactive technology and tools for data collection and records compilation
|– Chart Collating||– Database maintenance||– STAT Processing|
|– Electronic Data Entry||– Date Accuracy||– Patient History|
|– Chart Prep||– Code Assignment||– Lab data integration|
|– Record Retrieval||– EHR System Operation||– Medical reports|
• Integrated all patients’ medical and lab data from 3 different databases into one electronic system in 2 months with 100% accuracy
• Enhanced invoice verification speed by 60% leveraging effective account synchronization strategies
• Augmented overall patient satisfaction level massively by demonstration professional work ethic and positive relationship building skills
COMMUNITY HEALTHCARE SYSTEM, Dallas, TX
Medical Record Specialist, 5/2012 to Present
• Evaluate clinical data records for quality assurance
• Manage the release of patient information and verify invoices based on same
• Ensure that all record is maintained in compliance to HIPPA guidelines regarding medical record keeping
THE MEDICAL GROUP, Dallas, TX
Medical Record Assistant, 6/2010 to 4/2012
• Maintained the electronic patient database
• Located and retrieved patients’ medical records
• Took patient histories and created new files for first time patients
The Community College, Dallas, TX, 2010
Associates Degree in Statistics
• Thorough knowledge of various electronic record keeping systems
• Familiar with and compliant to FDA requirements regarding medical record keeping
Last updated on