A medical records analyst’s resume should specify exactly why a hiring manager should favor the candidate.
Usually, a hiring manager will take only a few seconds to process the entire resume. Therefore, it must be your priority to give him or her something to look forward to.
The Medical Records Analyst resume has to be complete and accurate.
All information such as skills, objective, summary, accomplishments, and experience must be well-organized within it.
Technically, it is the resume that will provide details about you as the next medical records analyst. Therefore, make it strong.
See also: Medical Records Analyst Cover Letter
Medical Records Analyst Resume Sample
57 Lawrence Road NE, Lake George, NY
MEDICAL RECORDS ANALYST
Uniquely qualified Medical Records Analyst with strong proficiency in preparing and organizing patients’ medical records for inclusion into the electronic health system. Expert in completing quality reviews of document images, in order to ensure compliance to document management, and regulatory standards.
• Successfully designed a data processing system that decreased processing time by 50%.
• Introduced the e-prescription concept, therefore, reduced prescription filling time by 65%.
• Introduced a unique patient scheduling system.
• Consistently ensured patient data integrity, through the implementation of counter checking processes.
– Information Gathering
– Data Processing
– Date Recording
– Patient Scheduling
– Discrepancy Management
– ePrescriptions Handling
– Electronic Health Records
– System Support
– Performance Monitoring
– Resource Generation
– Document Verification
– Data Integrity
Medical Records Analyst
HMH Hospital, Lake George, NY | 2015-present
• Analyze medical records for completeness and accuracy
• Review and abstract data in response to requests
• Monitor physical and provider compliance with standards and protocols
• Collect information, and use audit tools to monitor data accuracy
• Analyze patient information for research projects and performance improvement purposes
• Generate medical record numbers for new clients
• Enter deficiencies into the system, ensuring 100% accuracy rate
• Account for inpatient and outpatient records post-discharge
• Create and maintain folders, and barcodes, and enter them into the system
Medical Records Clerk
Life Healthcare Systems, Lake George, NY | 2012-2015
• Collected and verified patients’ records
• Prepared new patient charts and gathered medical histories
• Created digital paperwork images to be stored on electronic medical records systems
• Entered patient data into the system by ensuring accuracy and completeness
• Safeguarded patients’ records, keeping them completely confidential
• Ensured data compliance with HIPAA standards
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information
New York State University, Lake George, NY – 2011