As the most comprehensive document that you will ever prepare to apply for a job, the resume holds a lot of importance.
That said, you cannot apply for a medical records coordinator job without a resume.
This is the basic document that all employers need in order to assess your abilities and fit for their organization.
For your reference, a resume sample for a medical records coordinator is given below:
Medical Records Coordinator Resume Example
90 Johnson Avenue
Elmont, NY 44850
dougstev @email .com
MEDICAL RECORDS COORDINATOR
An enthusiastic, hardworking, and personable individual with 12-year hands-on experience in working as a medical records coordinator for busy medical facilities and focusing on the quality provision of services. Qualified to establish and uphold procedures regarding the collection, coding, indexing, and filing of medical records and health information. Effectively analyzes and evaluates health records according to established criteria and audits records for completeness, accuracy, timeliness, and internal consistency. Widely known to get along well with people by going the extra mile.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Health Record Identification
• Electronical Medical Record Systems
• Facility Documentation Review
• Accuracy Verification
• Records Confidentiality
• Clinical Records Archiving
• Claims Management
Medical Records Coordinator
Greystone Healthcare, Elmont, NY
11/2016 – Present
• Implement a system that automatically sent reminders to delinquent accounts, saving the company time and manpower in manually performing follow-up.
• Introduce a series of checks that proved to be 50% more efficient in verifying patients’’ documentation than the then existing system.
• Create and maintain medical records in accordance with facility policies and state and federal regulations.
• Establish records prior to admission and maintain master files for both admitted and discharged patients.
• Collect required information from patients, families, nurses, therapists, physicians, and surgeons in order to keep records current.
• Establish procedures to be followed in collecting, coding, indexing, and filing and retrieving medical records.
Health Records Coordinator
Sava Healthcare, Elmont, NY
8/2009 – 11/2016
• Created an archiving system for clinical records, resulting in 85% more efficient record maintenance than earlier.
• Developed and implemented a system that maintained records integrity by 100%.
• Created core systems to ensure medical records’ confidentiality and integrity.
• Collected and assembled patients’ charts and personal records and ensure that they are properly filed.
• Maintained a record of all information retrievals and authorized information taken from patients’ records and charts.
• Reviewed all records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with authorized disclosure requests.
Medical Records Clerk
The Emily Program, Elmont, NY
3/2009 – 8/2009
• Gathered patients; data by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources.
• Maintained master patient indexes and initiated medical records by following set charting out procedures.
• Retrieved medical records upon request and ensured that they are properly refiled afterward.
• Initiated medical records by creating and processing patient care record folders.
• Ascertained that all records were kept in a safe area, focusing on the integrity and confidentiality of each record.
Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology
Elmont Community College, Elmont, NY