Do you know that it is much more important to be careful in writing a resume when you are applying for a position of a medical office coordinator, than most other positions? Why do we think so?
Probably because when you are a coordinator (in any capacity), you have a lot of responsibility on your shoulders. A profoundly written resume will greatly articulate how well you can handle this responsibility.
This is not to say that resumes for other positions should not be paid attention to. Every resume that you write needs your due attention. For a medical office coordinator position, the following resume sample will help you build or update your resume.
Sample Resume for Medical Office Coordinator Position
208 Henry Law Avenue, Dover, NH 45600
alicehall @ email . com
MEDICAL OFFICE COORDINATOR
An organized and deadline-oriented individual with 13 years of extensive experience in handling patient scheduling duties and managing fiscal operations of a medical office. Competent in patient follow-up and conducting and administering office fiscal operations. Efficiently handles front desk operations by politely greeting patients and assisting them with their queries. Skilled in arranging appointments for clinic visits and scheduling emergent visits and diagnostic studies.
• Patient Scheduling • Medical Transcription
• Insurance Verification • Co-pays Collection
• Patient Charts Preparation • Supplies Inventory
• Correspondence Handling • Billing Packets Preparation
• Problems Resolution • Records Management
• Patient Education • Departmental Liaison
• Implemented an online patient check-in system which reduced in-facility rush by 95%.
• Developed patient/family education material, now being used as a reliable resource for in-home self-care services.
• Introduced a novel patient scheduling system that automatically sent appointment reminders to patients 24 hours before their scheduled visit.
• Maintained effective liaison with 18 insurance companies, resulting in a decreased need for follow-up due to claims being paid on time.
Medical Office Coordinator
Health Quest, Dover, NH
May 2012 – Present
• Greet patients and families and provide them with information on the facility’s services
• Schedule appointments by coordinating physician’s schedules and ensure that proper follow-up is performed
• Answer incoming calls and emails from patients and provide the required information
• Obtain medical records by coordinating with patients and referring physicians
Medical Office Coordinator
City Healthcare, Dover, NH
Dec 2008 – May 2012
• Greeted patients and verified their appointments by checking scheduling/appointment books
• Ensuredthat physicians had access to patient’s medical records prior to seeing them
• Liaised with insurance companies to ensure timely claims follow-up
• Contacted patients to remind them of their appointments and follow-up visits
• Calculated and collected co-pays and patient balances and ensure that appropriate insurance billing activities are performed
Front Desk Officer
Arnot Health, Dover, NH
Feb 2005 – May 2012
• Responded to telephone calls for information regarding the medical facility’s services
• Scheduled patients for appointments and ensured that they were provided reminders a day prior to them
• Assisted patients in filling out registration forms and obtained and verified their insurance information
• Calculated and collected balances and co-pays
• Ensured that all insurance billing activities were managed in a time-efficient manner
Specialized Courses in Medical Front Office Management – 2004
Community College, Dover, NH