Union organizer is a position either elected or appointed to aid in representation of a union at the worksite.
The main role of the position is to activate non union members and educate them about their rights. The job requires exceptional social and interactive skills. Accordingly, successful union organizer resumes need to reflect a dynamic personality equipped with unparalleled communication skills.
Translating your social skills into sentences to be written on a piece of paper is not an easy task. A union organizer resume requires exactly the same.
The best way to communicate your potential in social mobility is to effectively communicate your achievements in the field. The professional experience section can be utilized smartly in this regard. If your list of duties is supported by strong action words to begin with, each duty can become an accomplishment, contributing in presentation of your success story as a union organizer.
Union Organizer Resume Sample
492 Kimberly Lane | Wilmington, DE 69001 | (005) 632-8547 | jessica @ email . com
Highly-organized… Detail-oriented… Self-driven
Offering expertise in employee awareness campaigning, crisis handling and strategic planning to advance organizational and worker’s interests.
• Capable of utilizing analytical judgment skills with the goal of advancing the organization’s interests.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability of managing multiple tasks effectively and timely.
• Trained in witness preparations, arbitration in hearings and legal grievance/appeal processing.
• Well versed in interpreting, analyzing and applying labor agreements.
Service Employees International Union, Wilmington, DE | Jun 2013 – Present
• Collaborate with union workers and partners to attain better labor benefits, safer working conditions and enhanced workplace rights.
• Identify and spread knowledge regarding psycho social barriers employees from diverse cultures face when they join the workforce and what can be done to reduce these barriers.
• Communicate regularly with the executive director regarding various campaigns and labor right awareness programs.
• Ensure legal and discrimination free criminal and drug screening for new hiring.
GCPW, Wilmington, DE | Jan 2011 – May 2013
• Initiated a highly successful campaign targeting one department in favor of equal job opportunities for people of color.
• Developed well chalked out alliances with people belonging to diverse religions, sects and creeds to advance their issues and concerns onto the larger platform at the workplace.
• Built a strong community support network for returning citizens (ex-offenders facing acceptance issues, returning after due punishment/ probation).
• Implemented the state issued personnel board guidelines in the HR department successfully.
THE LAW SCHOOL, Wilmington, DE, 2010
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy
• Employee record tracking and database management
• Bilingual (English and Spanish)
• Experienced in signature petitioning
• Familiar with social media based campaigning