When you write a resume for a grocery store manager position, your focus should be on convincing the hiring manager that you are the best out of the pool.
In fact, your resume should showcase your ability to handle a wide variety of sales and marketing tasks.
Your management style and experience should also be made obvious in the resume.
How to write a great resume for a grocery store manager job?
As a grocery store manager, you must concentrate only on the relevant information in your resume.
This means that each section, including experience, qualifications, competencies, and education should be in sync with the hiring manager’s needs.
Here is a great example for you to get ideas from:
Grocery Store Manager Resume Example
284 Havana Lane
Grocery Store Manager
Results-driven Grocery Store Manager with 7 years’ solid track record of working in busy grocery stores. Highly skilled in prioritizing store orders following set guidelines, and utilizing operational and financial data in order to make recommendations. Known to create a positive store outlook, and retain customers through exemplary service.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Grocery Store Manager
Gowrie Grocery, Duluth, MN
Sep 2018 – present
• Recruit, train, and supervise grocery store staff
• Maintain both statistical and financial budgets
• Develop and implement pricing and stocking strategies
• Motivate sales teams to meet sales and marketing objectives
• Ensure that all tasks comply with health and safety policies
• Provide leadership to store personnel
• Ensure delivery of excellent customer services
• Develop and implement customer retention and satisfaction strategies
• Successfully retained customers during recession times
• Singlehandedly managed a promotional campaign, increasing revenue by $5000 per month
Assistant Grocery Store Manager
Freshco, Toronto, ON
May 2015 – Sep 2018
• Coordinated inventory for the store, and verified the accuracy of information
• Determined advert locations and displayed promotional materials
• Evaluated staff to provide feedback
• Prioritized and delegated tasks to team members
• Performed store walks, and audits in order to ensure proper engagement
Chandler Grocers, Duluth, MN
Jan 2013 – May 2015
• Greeted customers and assisted them in finding the right products
• Provided price and location information to customers
• Assisted customers in picking out grocery items from difficult to reach areas
• Led customers through the payment and bagging procedures
Associate’s Degree in Finance
Duluth Business College, Duluth, MN
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Staff Management | Training and Development
Cash Register Handling | Inventory Management
Complaint Handling | Budget Management
Visual Merchandising | Sales and Marketing
Vendor Relations | Petty Cash Handling
Safety Compliance | Promotional Techniques