Competition is fierce out there in all professions.
And if you want to be a winner, it is very important that you design your resume correctly.
Here is a sample department manager resume for you to take help from.
Department Manager Resume Example
177 South Highway, Nashua, NH66363
Highly qualified department manager with over 12 years of experience in overseeing assigned departments, to ensure smooth running, and delivery of exceptional customer services. Effectively able to supervise and coordinate the activities of workers within the department, aiming to provide total customer satisfaction.
• Met assigned sales goals by 100% between the years 2011 and 2017.
• Successfully developed a training program for existing team members, which ultimately addressed their ongoing training needs.
• Implemented a stock replenishment system, which proved to be 85% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Maximized the department’s profits by implementing a core sales and follow-up system, which was considered highly successful by the head of the department.
|– Merchandising Oversight||– Stock Replenishment||– Customer Relations|
|– Trend Deciphering||– Markdown Initiations||– Scheduling Control|
|– Strategies Development||– Standards Maintenance||– Complaint Handling|
|– Vendor Relations||– Budgets Administration||– Profitability Maximization|
Dewberry, Nashua, NH | 2012 – Present
• Create and implement core strategies to ensure the success of sales and marketing plans, particular to the assigned department.
• Develop schedules for staff members, ensuring that they abide by established timelines.
• Assist marketing personnel in the implementation of merchandising activities, ensuring that chosen stock items are attractively displayed.
• Perform account analysis, and handle stock control duties, by following set procedures.
• Forecast future sales, by analyzing trends, and current sales, and perform research on market trends and culture.
• Implement pre-established business strategies, aiming to increase sales, and ensure return business.
• Prepare staff members for job transition, and succession, and ensure that their ongoing training needs are met.
• Interview, hire, and train new staff members, and perform periodic assessments and evaluations.
The Retro Shop, Nashua, NH | 2007 – 2012
• Oversaw the development and implementation of core sales strategies.
• Ascertained that staff members were made aware of their targets, and helped them meet their goals efficiently.
• Provided training to new staff members, as part of their induction process.
• Ascertained that all staff members were provided with schedules and duties, based on their specific strengths.
• Oversaw sales personnel while they performed customer interaction, intervening in situations such as complaints.
New Hampshire State University, Nashua, NH – 2005
Bachelor of Business Administration