If you are a graduate practical nurse who is ready to enter the job market in the capacity of an LPN and seeking help in creating an impressive resume, you are on the right page!
Building an LPN resume when you have no experience in hand is quite a tiresome task.
Since there is only minimal internship or externship experience to mention, the question arises what to write after stating the objective?
Well, the answer is – a skills-based resume.
This kind of resume focuses on the skills, and knowledge that you have acquired through relevant training in the field.
Here is a great example to get ideas from:
New Graduate LPN Resume Sample
899 Northside Lane
Cleveland, OH 98404
grace @ email .com
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
Strongly motivated nursing professional seeking a position as an LPN at a progressive medical facility. Matchless patient care and nursing expertise acquired through education and externship to achieve the highest level of patient care. Exceptional communication skills and cultural sensitivity. Methodical and active personality with genuine compassion. BCLS and CPR certified. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
Practical Nursing Program
OHIO UNIVERSITY, Cleveland, OH | 2021
- General Psychology
- Medication Administration
- Drug Therapy
- Clinical Foundations of Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Nursing Care of Aged Population
Associate of Science in Nursing
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Cleveland, OH | 2019
CORE NURSING SKILLS
- Administering IVs
- Medications dispensing
- Vital Signs & Blood Glucose Test
- Physical Assessment
- Dressing Applications
- Wound Care
- Patient/Family Education
Practical Nurse Externship
Marie Claire Hospital, Cleveland, OH
Jan 2022 – Apr 2022
• Assisted the lead LPN in nursing procedures
• Carried out rounds of the ward and monitored the progress of admitted cases
• Spread awareness regarding health issues among patients
• Obtained knowledge of advanced patient care protocols
• Maintained and updated patient charts
• Coordinated with the physicians by constant reporting on the patient’s progress
• Helped patients calm down and explained the treatment plans clearly
• Handled and operated medical equipment including catheters, tracheotomy pipes, and oxygen equipment
Current Ohio Driver’s license