How to Write a Great Resume for Family Law Attorney Position?
In order to write a perfect resume for a family law attorney position, the first thing that you must do is read the job description.
In the job description, you will find many keywords which will help you in determining which direction to take your resume.
For instance, if the hiring manager is looking for a family law attorney who is great at providing consultations, you know that you must show your professional profile to match that.
Your family law attorney resume should project you as a viable candidate because of your experience and acquired skills.
Here is how you can do this:
Best Sample Resume for Family Law Attorney Position
37 Kings Road, Olympia, WA 51234
FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
Top-performing Family Law Attorney with over 15 years of experience dedicatedly working in high-end law firms. Focused on providing tech-forward solutions, and compassionate representation to all clientele. Offering extensive knowledge of evaluating issues and developing strategies and arguments to help drive cases to success.
Family Law Attorney
Palmer Kent Associates, Olympia, WA
10/2014 – Present
- Singlehandedly created 15 cases in one week, well within the provided timelines.
- Won 50+ cases within a year, owing to excellence in case procession and dissolution.
- Confer with clients to determine case details
- Research and develop case information, evidence, and settlement options
- Manage high-level cases through the maintenance of contact with people involved in the case
- Support case planning procedures through the preparation of summaries and materials
- Handle trial proceedings by working with support staff members
- Prepare exhibits and pleadings, and schedule witnesses
- Organize and record official documents and files
- Present cases in court and uphold a steady schedule of hearings
- Keep clients updated about their case proceedings
Modern Family Law, Olympia, WA
2/2005 – 5/2014
- Executed case strategies with senior attorneys, eventually becoming a solid part of the biggest attorney unit in the city.
- Interviewed clients to determine case details
- Created an initial case file and presented it to the attorney
- Prepared and drafted legal documents
- Assisted in negotiating settlements
- Conducted research and compiled evidence for each case
- Ensured that all research work was properly placed in files, in a confidential manner
Master’s Degree in Law
Washington State University, Olympia, WA
- Family Law Matters Advice
- Issues Evaluation
- Case Presentation
- Settlements Negotiation
- Attorney Collaboration
- Litigation Management
- Legal Decision-making
- Trial Oversight
- Complex Dissolution
- Meditation Sessions
- Hearings Scheduling