When writing a resume for an entry level general labor position, you have to keep some points in mind.
First of all. long resumes are not always the best ones.
Sometimes, hiring managers do not like lengthy resumes since they have already tired before your resume arrived on their desks.
They want only relevant information that is presented succinctly.
And if they are looking for a general laborer resume with little or no experience, they usually see the transferable skills of the candidate.
As the experience section is not necessary for an entry-level resume, the skills and competencies sections are definitely important and need to be written with much care.
And if you have had any experience such as volunteering or a summer commission, you can, of course, strengthen your resume by mentioning them.
Here is a perfect sample:
General Labor Resume With No Experience
999 Crestwood Drive, Athens, GA 72833
adolf @ email . com
Dexterous General Laborer seeking a position at ABC Company. Bringing exceptional understanding of the construction field and the ability to provide physical support to workers on construction sites. Familiar with construction tools and equipment.
• Clearing construction sites of debris and hazardous materials.
• Using a variety of tools and machines including blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, and power drills.
• Handling parts and equipment inventories by employing exceptional organization skills.
• Troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and handling maintenance tasks of tools and equipment.
City Community School, Athens, GA
ABC Company, Athens, GA
1/2021 – 2/2021
• Assisted in clearing debris and hazardous materials from worksites.
• Operated hand and power tools to dig trenches.
• Used mobile equipment to retrieve supplies and materials from storage areas.
• Performed both general and preventative maintenance on machines, tools, and equipment.
• Assisted in erecting and taking down scaffolding.
• Created and maintained effective relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Safety operations
• Preventative maintenance
• Inventory management
• Information recording
• Hand and power tools
• Vendor relations
Excellent references available.