The technique of writing a good resume for phlebotomy technician position lies in providing prospective employer with details of all those things you can do, specifically listing the ones they would like to see.
In a phlebotomy technician resume, a hiring manager look for relevant experiences and ability to collect, test, process and distribute lab specimens along with preparing and communicating test results within and outside the department.
DO NOT RAMBLE! You may have many transferable skills that you would be proud to showcase. Look for keywords from the job description and use them in your sentences making sure to include adjectives and adverbs that resonate well with a prospective employer’s needs.
• Skilled in drawing blood under special circumstances such as venous complications, having received training in complex blood drawing techniques
• Adept at cleaning and sterilizing lab equipment and working area in accordance to department standards and quality control requirements
• Experienced in performing patient phlebotomy at different locations, maintaining aseptic techniques during specimen collection, immediate labeling of specimen, and prompt disposal of needles/supplies in appropriate containers
• Hands-on experience in preparing specimens for testing/shipping in accordance with hospital policy
• Proficient at checking package integrity and expiration dates for sterilized supplies
• Adept at maintaining lab records which include conducting and reporting lab tests and ordering documentation
• Qualified to perform preventative and consistent maintenance of department equipment
• Demonstrated expertise in using specialized equipment in accordance Lab Standard operating Procedures
• Skilled at preparing Reagents and Solutions accurately and when required by Lab Authorities
• Documented success in completing inventories, entering supplies/specimens and quantity information on time and with 100% accuracy
• Focused on ensuring all testing processes are in sync with preset laboratory protocols