Phlebotomist Resume Guidelines
➜ Use action verbs, such as; supervised, delivered, maintained, resolved etc. rather than passive words [“ I was responsible for…”].
➜ Use simple language and write in a clear and concise manner.
➜ Use a legible and scanable plain font such as Times New Roman or Arial.
➜ Leave sufficient white space between different sections and headings.
➜ If there is a gap between your jobs or educational history, you should address it in a cover letter. Employers usually do not consider a resume that leaves unanswered questions.
➜ Always send a cover letter along with your resume.
➜ Update your resume frequently.
➜ Do not suppose your resume will get you interviews with no extra work on your part. In the majority of cases your resume will not be effective except you do the proper follow-up through calling or emailing the persons to whom you sent a resume.
See also: Phlebotomist Cover Letter Sample
4471 Some Road | Gore, OK 70177 | (000) 154-9219 | Email
9+ years’ experience working as a Phlebotomist with different labs. Competent at obtaining blood specimens using venipuncture, capillary and cheek swab techniques. Highly skilled in labelling specimens, sending to the laboratory for analysis, and completing and maintaining records. Exceptional communicator and multitasker capable of interacting with all levels of management.
|• Venipuncture/Capillary||• Glucose Tolorence||• Nervousness Handling|
|• Recording Results||• Clotting Test||• Instruments Maintenance|
|• Specimen Integrity||• Bleeding Time Test||• Bleeding-time Test|
|• Customer Service||• Medical Terminology||• Safe Collection of Blood|
Phlebotomist | CORY LABS – Gore, OK | Sep 2009 – Present
• Manage accurate and timely collection and processing of specimen
• Perform document maintenance and troubleshooting procedures
• Enter patient test data into computer
• Prepare patients for blood and urine tests
• Follow infection control procedures
• Organize blood collection equipment
• No specimen identification error till date
• Discovered a proposed treatment for eczema by performing clinical tests of blood samples
• Attained Employee of the Year Award in 2012 following excellence in work phlebotomy procedures
Laboratory Assistant | AMERICAN RED CROSS – Portland, OR | Jan 2007 – Sep 2009
• Collected, labeled and processed patient specimens for testing
• Maintained computerized records
• Resolved and troubleshooted outstanding collections
• Prepared blood samples for testing, disposal, and shipping.
• Handled patient communication and answered questions
• Entered manual and computer records associated with testing
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Certified by the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
State of Oklahoma Phlebotomy Licensure – 2008
OEC in Phlebotomy – 2007
Some College, Portland, OR – 2006
Associate of Science in Laboratory Technology
566 Sandy Lane • Portland, OR 56993 • (005) 521-5289 • fredrick @ email . com
Patient service-oriented Phlebotomist with 7+ years’ hands-on experience in performing diverse range of blood drawing procedures. Proficient in preparing, processing and storing specimens using modern techniques and equipment. Familiar with infection control protocols associated with phlebotomy.
Calms down patients before procedure while educating them regarding blood transfusions, diagnostic testing and sample drawing. Well versed with medical terminology associated with lab testing and phlebotomy. BLS Certified. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Venipuncture||– Specimen storage||– Quality assurance|
|– Infection control||– Records review||– Specimen preparation|
|– Capillary Puncture||– Sample reporting||– Data Entry|
|– Donor briefing||– Reports creation||– Bookkeeping|
• Introduced a computerized report tracking system that reduced specimen analysis and retrieval time by 20 minutes on average
• Implemented a digital tagging and specimen recording system that ensured 100% specimen integrity and sample accuracy
• Obtained the Best Phlebotomist award for two consecutive years
• Draw blood samples and prepare specimens for testing
• Label and track specimens
• Brief patients about sample drawing and testing procedures
• Prepare relevant reports and deliver the same timely to authorized personnel
• Follow laboratory procedures and health department guidelines for specimen collection and handling.
• Utilize relevant containers and transport media for every test
• Strictly adhere to infection control and OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen guidelines
• Maintained phlebotomy area in neat and clean order and ensured timely supplies replenishment
• Followed and implemented required infection control protocols
• Maintained patient data and lab accession records
• Ensured that all kinds of requirements are met at the time of specimen collection
• Maintained integrity of specimen
• Followed and executed physician’s orders in a timely manner
• Maintained workplace safety as per OSHA and DEP regulations
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
State of Oregon Licensed Phlebotomist – Current
Institute of Medical Sciences, Portland, OR – 2009
Associate of Science in Phlebotomy
Community College, Portland, OR – 2008
Diploma in Medical Assistance
• Proficient in PC operations with full command of MS office suite
• Typing Speed: 55 WPM