Phlebotomist Resume Guidelines
• Use action verbs, such as; supervised, delivered, maintained, resolved, etc. rather than passive words [“ I was responsible for…”].
• Use simple language and write in a clear and concise manner.
• Use a legible and scannable plain font such as Times New Roman or Arial.
• Leave sufficient white space between different sections and headings.
• If there is a gap between your jobs or educational history, you should address it in a cover letter. Employers usually do not consider a resume that leaves unanswered questions.
• Always send a cover letter along with your resume.
• Update your resume frequently.
• Do not suppose your resume will get you interviews with no extra work on your part. In the majority of cases, your resume will not be effective except you do the proper follow-up by calling or emailing the persons to whom you sent a resume.
See also: Phlebotomist Cover Letter Sample
Phlebotomist Resume Sample 1
4471 Some Road, Gore, OK 70177
9+ years’ experience working as a Phlebotomist with different labs. Competent at obtaining blood specimens using venipuncture, capillary and cheek swab techniques. Highly skilled in labeling specimens, sending to the laboratory for analysis, and completing and maintaining records. Exceptional communicator and multitasker capable of interacting with all levels of management.
• Recording Results
• Specimen Integrity
• Customer Service
|• Glucose Tolerance|
• Clotting Test
• Bleeding Time Test
• Medical Terminology
|• Nervousness Handling|
• Instruments Maintenance
• Bleeding-time Test
• Safe Collection of Blood
CORY LABS – Gore, OK | 2009 – Present
- Manage the accurate and timely collection and processing of the specimen
- Perform document maintenance and troubleshooting procedures
- Enter patient test data into the computer
- Prepare patients for blood and urine tests
- Follow infection control procedures
- Organize blood collection equipment
- No specimen identification error till date
- Discovered a proposed treatment for eczema by performing clinical tests of blood samples
- Attained Employee of the Year Award in 2012 following excellence in work phlebotomy procedures
AMERICAN RED CROSS – Portland, OR | 2007 – 2009
- Collected, labeled and processed patient specimens for testing
- Maintained computerized records
- Resolved and troubleshoot outstanding collections
- Prepared blood samples for testing, disposal, and shipping
- Handled patient communication and answered questions
- Entered manual and computer records associated with testing
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Certified by the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
State of Oklahoma Phlebotomy Licensure – 2008
OEC in Phlebotomy – 2007
Some College, Portland, OR – 2006
Associate of Science in Laboratory Technology
Phlebotomist Resume Sample 2
566 Sandy Lane, Portland, OR 56993
fredrick @ email . com
Patient service-oriented Phlebotomist with 7+ years’ hands-on experience in performing a diverse range of blood drawing procedures. Proficient in preparing, processing and storing specimens using modern techniques and equipment. Familiar with infection control protocols associated with phlebotomy.
Ability to calm down patients before the procedure while educating them regarding blood transfusions, diagnostic testing, and sample drawing. Well versed in medical terminology associated with lab testing and phlebotomy. BLS Certified. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Infection control
– Capillary Puncture
– Donor briefing
|– Specimen storage|
– Records review
– Sample reporting
– Reports creation
|– Quality assurance|
– Specimen preparation
– Data Entry
- Introduced a computerized report tracking system that reduced specimen analysis and retrieval time by 20 minutes on average
- Implemented a digital tagging and specimen recording system that ensured 100% specimen integrity and sample accuracy
- Obtained the Best Phlebotomist award for two consecutive years
- Draw blood samples and prepare specimens for testing
- Label and track specimens
- Brief patients about sample drawing and testing procedures
- Prepare relevant reports and deliver the same on time to authorized personnel
- Follow laboratory procedures and health department guidelines for specimen collection and handling
- Utilize relevant containers and transport media for every test
- Strictly adhere to infection control and OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen guidelines
- Maintained phlebotomy area in neat and clean order and ensured timely supplies replenishment
- Followed and implemented required infection control protocols
- Maintained patient data and lab accession records
- Ensured that all kinds of requirements are met at the time of specimen collection
- Maintained the integrity of the specimen
- Followed and executed physician’s orders promptly
- Maintained workplace safety as per OSHA and DEP regulations
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
State of Oregon Licensed Phlebotomist – Current
Institute of Medical Sciences, Portland, OR – 2009
Associate of Science in Phlebotomy
Community College, Portland, OR – 2008
Diploma in Medical Assistance
- Proficient in PC operations
- Full command of MS office suite
- Typing Speed: 55 WPM