Phlebotomy is the art of taking blood samples, and phlebotomists are specialists who perform this task.
They may be required to perform other related tasks like samples handling and work area management depending on their settings.
As an entry level job, this position has much potential in terms of career growth and salary.
A resume for a phlebotomist position can open numerous doors in the practical world. That can be possible only if you give appropriate care and attention while writing it.
Remember, employers often are snowed under dozens of resumes when they advertise a Phlebotomist job.
For this reason, they need a fast and professional way to decide which of these applicants are worth meeting.
Consequently, you want to give yourself the best possible chance to overcome others and move forward into the next round of consideration.
Get ideas from the following professional resume of an entry-level job seeker applying for a Phlebotomist job.
Entry Level Phlebotomist Resume No Experience
55 York Street | Muskogee, OK 63511 | (555) 555-5100 | jack @ email . com
Looking for a position as a Phlebotomist at Care Lab utilizing knowledge and skills in lab work and testing procedures in order to provide the best possible results.
UAF Community and Technical College – Muskogee, OK 2017
Certified from ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathologists) 2017
High School Diploma
Muskogee High School, Muskogee, OK 2014
- Working knowledge of anatomy, physiology, infection control, and specimen processing.
- Familiar with medical terminology, first aid, and safety.
- Special talent for instructing patients with procedures.
- Thorough understanding of centrifugation and specimen aliquoting.
- Adept at managing office work relevant to the position.
Holzer Health Systems – Gallipolis, OH Jan 2019 – Apr 2019
- Collected blood and urine specimens using venous and microtechniques
- Verified specimen collection information in the laboratory information system
- Performed bleeding time procedures
- Communicated with patients and staff to provide information regarding the status of orders
- Followed established policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Confident with the ability to work independently
- Fabulous organizational and interpersonal skills
- Intense lab skills
- Exceptional ability to work with a diversity of the population
Muskogee Phlebotomy Club
American Society of Phlebotomy
Boys and Girls Volunteer Club