Home Depot Overnight Stocker Job Description
An overnight stocker at Home Depot works outside regular hours to stock merchandise on shelves and storage areas.
The main work of a person at this position is to ensure that merchandise is properly and carefully received, and stored in the appropriate place.
Working as a Home Depot overnight stocker means that you will need to be exceptionally careful in what you do. You should be self-motivated and highly organized if you want to work in this position.
Some duties that you will be performing when working as an overnight stocker at Home Depot include:
Home Depot Overnight Stocker Duties for Resume
• Receive merchandise, and check it for conformity to orders
• Unopen packages carefully, and take out items to be placed on shelves
• Clean each item and mark it with the price and expiry information
• Place prepared items onto carts and dollies to transport them to customer areas
• Carefully arrange items on assigned shelves, following marketing and sales instructions
• Ensure that any old stock is removed, after checking for expiry information
• Operate lifts to place merchandise on high shelves
• Climb ladders to reach stock placed on upper shelves
• Assist in building visual merchandising displays
• Maintain order in shelves, ensuring that displayed merchandise is safely placed
• Ensure that extra items are properly placed in storage areas
• Pick out storage items when stock runs out at the frontend
• Assist nighttime customers in locating a merchandise by directing, or escorting them
• Oversee stock inventory work, ensuring that proper levels are maintained at all times
• Constantly organize stock/items on shelves, and in storage areas
• Organize and clean stock rooms, in accordance with set instructions
• Dispose of junk or unneeded items such as packing materials and cartons
• Ensure that recyclable items are placed in appropriate places
• Report damaged merchandise to supervisors in an immediate manner
• Isolate damaged materials for inspection purposes
• Identify and report discrepancies in received stock
• Prepare shipment and placement reports, and submit them to the manager
• Ensure that all shopping carts are gathered, cleaned, and lined up in proper places
Home Depot Overnight Stocker Job Requirements
To work as a Home Depot overnight stocker, you do not need more than a high school diploma or a GED equivalent.
Prior experience as a stocker, even if it is not in an overnight capacity, will go a long way in helping you bag the job.
At this position, you have to possess physical dexterity, and the ability to work on your feet constantly.