If you are going to apply for an overnight stocker position and feel there is no need to add a cover letter to your application, think again! Resume experts suggest that a well written cover letter accompanying your resume can greatly enhance your chances of being called for an interview. A cover letter serves many purposes. It provides a glimpse of your candidacy to the prospective employer while enabling personalization and gives you an opportunity to introduce your resume.
We have outlined some sure shot features of a catchy cover letter for your guidance below:
• An attractive cover letter is bound to be relevant and attention grabbing. Open strong and paint a comprehensive yet concise picture of your candidacy.
• A good cover letter uses field specific key terms to ensure search engine optimization and takes up a tone which is highly in accordance with that of the hiring organization.
• A cover letter that is truly on the mark speaks to the employer’s needs and convinces them that the candidate has exactly what they are seeking in terms of qualifications.
Below is a sample covering letter for overnight stocker resume.
Overnight Stocker Cover Letter Sample
654 Tall Tree Lane
Austin, TX 45352
(002) 444 – 3333
oliver @ email . com
September 23, 2014
Mr. Kevin Drake
909 Main Boulevard
Austin, TX 45352
Dear Mr. Drake:
In response to your job advertisement cited at indeed.com yesterday, I request you to consider my qualifications for the open position of overnight stocker.
You require an individual who is detail oriented, active, vigilant, dependable, and proficient in stocking shelves with merchandise and labeling the same accurately. I am an experienced overnight stocker, well versed in displaying merchandise in respective shelves after proper labeling, making the displays attractive and maintaining relevant stock inventories updated. I can lift weights up till 50 lbs and have a demonstrated ability to handle fragile material with utmost care.
In addition, I offer remarkable expertise in:
• Good replenishing
• Records Discrepancy Analysis
• Inventory Maintenance
• Price tagging and Labeling
• Stock Auditing
• Quality Assurance
Mr. Drake, as you can also see in my enclosed resume my background and experience provides the management and organizational skills this position demands. I bring 5+ years of experience in freight handling, product display and stock clerkship which are additional strengths bound to support me in the role of an overnight stocker.
I am available to see you in person at any date and time of your convenience. I can be reached at (002) 444 – 3333 for conveying an interview date. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on