An effective technical support resume must showcase your technical skills in an optimized manner. A comprehensive performance summary followed by an objective or bullet section featuring your technical expertise usually does the trick.
While writing the professional experience section, it is important to highlight technical results. Instead of focusing on your responsibilities too much, use the space to communicate your accomplishments in the field. Accomplishments have a greater impact when they are measureable. Try to quantify them. Give the employer some figures.
Many employers are using keyword search method for initial scans of resumes. A resume that inculcate a good amount of industry specific and employer-centered keywords has much weight in today’s job market. Incorporate the words employer has used in the advertisement since these are most likely to be included in the automated key terms search.
Technical Support Specialist Resume Sample
780 Green Meadows ● Phoenix, AZ 59002 ● (005) 666-2222 ● samuel @ email . com
Performance Profile: Methodical, precise and systematic technical support specialist offering skills in system potential evaluation, testing of new programs and STS systems integration. 7+ years of hands on experience in providing matchless technical support to clients.
|✔ Metric Analysis||✔ Systems Configuration|
|✔ OS Windows, Mac and Linux||✔ Software Management|
|✔ SQL Programming and Troubleshooting||✔ Program Management|
|✔ PMR Management||✔ Desktop Assistance and Administration|
|✔ Program Support Plans||✔ Programmatic Data Files Maintenance|
First Energy Corp. Phoenix, AZ
Technical Support Specialist (4/2010 to Present)
Presented technical information, suggested strategies for process improvement, tuned database performance and maintained system capability by testing computer components.
• Implemented software ticketing through Sys-Aid that reduced over all customer complaints up till 50% by proactively detecting and preventing system crash-downs
• Updated 50+ systems single handedly to windows 8 as per company requirement
• Remained fully updated on new soft products issued by First Energy and up sold each new launch massively by referring it to prospective clients and assisting them in setting up and utilizing the product to the fullest
SAFE NET, Phoenix, AZ
Help Desk Technician (2/2006 to 4/2010)
Maintained user accounts, created metric reports, performed bulk data handling and processed query verifications, troubleshooted client issues, managed APIs for social media platforms
• Enhanced a client company’s data integration process by 70% by implementing effective link analysis strategies
• Developed a channel for software applications support and initiated an online help desk on the server to facilitate clients
THE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Phoenix, AZ, 2006
BS in Computer Science
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
He is a technically strong individual with a special ability to resolve complex problems …
▬ John Doe, Senior Administrator, SAFE NET, Phoenix, AZ
Last updated on