An internship in sales field position provides individuals with useful sales experience and get them ready for sales profession. An internship is important because hiring managers evaluate individual’s talent through his or her internship experience.
Sales Intern works under the direct supervision of the sales manager. They assist with various sales tasks and helps in the completion of employer’s projects and initiatives. During internship, they gain hands on experience by participating in sales and marketing activities and projects that lead to improved output, customer contentment and sales support.
Companies want to see the following qualities in a sales intern:
• A team player
• Strong willingness for sales and attention-to-detail
• Good knowledge of Windows, MS Word and Excel
Sales Intern Resume Writing Tips
In order to get an internship in sales profession, you will need a well written resume along with an attractive cover letter. Your resume must show your enthusiasm and dedication to sales and marketing, and willingness to contribute to employer’s success.
The following example will assist you make your resume sales internship.
Sales Intern Resume Example
44 Southlawn Avenue ● McLean, VA 01258 ● (000) 251-3025 ● sara.smith @ email . com
To obtain a Sales Intern position at Xerox utilizing brilliant educational record and exceptional knowledge of sales principles to improve company’s sales projects and operations.
• Excellent leadership and project management skills
• In-depth knowledge of preparation of customer presentations
• Able to research relevant news and information on customers and market
• Demonstrated ability to assist the marketing and sales teams with customer outreach efforts
• Good analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems
• Customer Account Management
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps
McLean University, McLean, VA
Bachelor of Business Administration | Expected Completion in August 2018
Sales Intern | Cvent – McLean, VA | May 2017 – Sep 2017
• Worked closely with cross functional sales teams and assisted them with planning, goal setting and achieving activity goals
• Developed expertise in customer service and satisfaction, collecting and analyzing sales data, and product and business strategies
• Prepared sales proposals
• Analyzed data and participated in sales and promotion events
Babysitter – Some Company, McLean, VA | Summer 2015
• Developed strong communication and organization skills
Grocery Clerk – ABC Grocery Store, McLean, VA | May 2014 – Dec 2014
• Attained strong expertise in customer service and sales
• Self motivated and problem solver
• Efficiently handles multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent secretarial and time-management skills