Thinking of applying for a computer science intern position? Great.
But first, you have to prepare a resume for it.
A resume for this position will focus on the individual’s capabilities, rather than experience.
While it is important to make your resume comprehensive, there is no need to put in anything which is not associated with computer sciences.
You must focus on your abilities in a technical capacity.
In addition, information of previous volunteer or externship positions will be welcomed too.
When writing a resume for a computer science intern position, make sure that it is compact, yet detailed.
Here is how you can write one:
Computer Science Intern Resume Example
Leena L. Mason
6900 Spring Road, West Hartford, CT67033
COMPUTER SCIENCE INTERN
Enthusiastic, diligent, and versatile individual, with a solid educational background in computer sciences. Ability to solve practical computing problems. Expert at conducting research involving experimentation. Focused on installing user-friendly systems, as well as providing support.
West Hartford Technical School, West Hartford, CT – 2018
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences
PROGRAMMING & DEVELOPMENT SKILLS
• Microsoft VB
• .Net, C++, C#
• Python and VBA
|• Software Development||• Conceptualization||• Troubleshooting|
|• Ticket Handling||• Virtual Reality||• Robotics|
|• Performance Improvement||• Computing Techniques||• Hardware Support|
|• User Support||• Teamwork||• Strategy Building|
Computer Science Intern
SRI International, West Hartford, CT | 5/2018 – 11/2018
• Checked all systems in order to ensure good working order.
• Installed software and hardware on new systems.
• Performed testing and bug-fixing activities.
• Gathered requirements for product development, and made recommendations.
• Designed and developed effective databases as per instructions.
• Analyzed techniques such as informatics, processes, and quality initiatives.
• Designed and implemented production-quality features on existing systems.
• Troubleshoot technical issues, including malware and virus threats, and system downtime.
• Reviewed and provided feedback on features and technology designs.
• Planned, designed, implemented, and administered security controls in order to safeguard information.
• Coordinated security assessments, as well as recommending mitigating actions.
• Planned, coordinated, and executed technical research objectives.
• Assisted in improving the performance of existing computer systems, hardware, and software.
• Developed new hardware and computing techniques and resources.
• Spearheaded 3 technical workshops, as a result, increased new students’ interest in computer sciences.
• Awarded Student of the Year plaque 4 times in a row, owing to exceptional academic and co-curricular record.
• Played an instrumental part in putting the school on the map, through excellence in outreach activities.
Last updated on