An objective statement is considered the most important component of a resume because it sets the tone for the whole resume. This is the section that determines whether or not your resume will get a full read.
Different recruiters have different requirements and expectations for the same job position.
It is important to read and understand what the potential employer is seeking in the ideal candidate.
Once you are equipped with this information you will automatically know which skills need to be highlighted the most.
Being a computer science student, you obviously won’t have much experience in hand. In this scenario, the objective statement is your best shot to grab the employer’s attention.
In order to write a great objective statement, state the title of the position you are seeking followed by a short description of your profile that shows what makes you a good fit.
If you are a computer science student or graduate, the following resume objective examples will help immensely.
Sample Objectives for Computer Science Student Resume
1. High-performing computer science student with strong technological skills, seeking an internship with HD Technologies. Offering first-hand knowledge of SQL, Python, Matlab, and basic programming languages.
2. Recent computer science graduate with a good academic record seeking a career in software development. Bringing exceptional skills in programming, troubleshooting, web development, data visualization, and coding.
3. Passionate computer science student, familiar with SQL, Matlab, and programming languages, eager to build a career in the field of IT and software development. Eager to leverage my analytical and technical skills to contribute to ABC Company.
4. Seeking a challenging IT internship with KY Solutions where I can use my skills to exceed the company’s goals. Offering excellent technical and communication skills along with a great work ethic.
5. Driven and tech-savvy computer science student seeking a career with a progressive firm where I can put my IT skills and acquired knowledge to use and contribute to achieving organizational goals.
6. As a beginner in the field of IT, I seek to associate with a firm where my acquired skills and knowledge in the field of programming, web-based troubleshooting, and server setup can be utilized and polished further.
7. Seeking an entry-level software developer position with AAA Company that can benefit from my knowledge in the field of app development, networking, hardware, firmware, and troubleshooting.
8. Searching for a career opportunity in the field of information technology where my skills in programming, networking, and app development will be used to increase output.
9. Talented computer science student with a 3.4 GPA seeking an entry-level position at Yale Software. Offering expertise in database management, language modeling, and app development.
10. Top-performing computer science student, seeking a career in a reputable firm that can benefit from my proven skills in programming, networking, and troubleshooting.
11. Looking for a Network Administrator position at Barnes, utilizing CCNP Certification, in-depth knowledge of switches and routers, and hands-on experience in managing juniper networks.
12. Looking for a position as an IT Security Officer at Farnborough where I can use my experience in network protocols, computer management skills, and troubleshooting acumen to orchestrate the secure and smooth flow of IT operations.
13. Seeking a position as Information Technology Officer at WWF where I can put my IT education and personnel management experience to assist the department in managing the IT department effectively.
14. To obtain a position as a Computer Engineer at Greenpeace making the most of my skills in managing embedded systems for company-run projects.
15. Strong desire to become a part of Hilton Suites in the capacity of an entry-level Database Manager. Passionate to use my knowledge of coding and managing databases to manage the hotel’s records and information.