Every company has a human resources department with employees who have varied tasks to perform.
An important human resources department position is that of a human resources assistant who plays a crucial role in providing support to the human resource department.
HR assistants manage information on employee records, benefits, and tax information along with updating information in human resource databases and preparing new hires for induction.
They also manage some clerical duties such as answering telephones and routing messages.
If you are seeking a job as a human resources assistant, then you should prepare an HR Assistant resume that reflects your ability to manage, hire, and train employees along with handling administrative tasks.
Viewing the resume sample below will provide you with some ideas.
HR Assistant Resume Example
210 Rice Lane Maumelle, AR 53890
(000) 999-9999 | Email
• 8+ years’ professional experience as an HR Assistant with specific expertise in handling large-scale human resource projects.
• Superior technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Well-versed in devising and implementing administrative and clerical strategies to meet the needs of the department.
• Useful operational assessment acumen endeavored at managing the logistics of new employee orientation and support.
• Solid background in assessing, motivating, training, and inspiring newly inducted personnel.
• Recruitment • Personnel records management
• Employee relations • Job evaluation
• Compensation management • Benefits administration
• Attendance management • Reports preparation
• Interview scheduling • Communication
Human Resources Assistant
Calpoly, Maumelle, AR
June 2018 – Present
• Brought the company’s HR policies into 100% compliance with standardized human resource protocols.
• Recognized for the high level of success in carrying out induction programs.
• Maintain new hire communications and correspondence.
• Schedule exams for candidates.
• Provide candidates with company information.
• Welcome new employees to the company.
• Provide new hires with information on company policies and procedures.
• Develop and assist in implementing orientation programs for new hires.
• Provide HR departments with information on payroll and attendance.
• Maintain employee information in databases and ensure appropriate modifications.
• Provide administrative support by maintaining employee records and performing data entry duties.
Human Resources Intern
XYZ Company, Maumelle, AR
May 2015 – March 2018
• Developed a series of successfully interactive orientation programs for the benefit of training new hires.
• Received three excellent performance evaluations quoting, “Exceeds job expectations.”
• Made telephone calls to candidates and provided information on date and place on interviews.
• Followed-up with candidates to ensure their presence on the day and time of the interview.
• Managed candidates’ information files and resumes.
• Provided support in; handling payroll and attendance information for the HR department.
• Typed and dispatched correspondence.
• Performed photocopying and scanning duties.
• Assisted in carrying out induction programs.
Arkansas College, Maumelle, AR – 2009
AS Human Resources Management
• I-9 forms processing
• Background checks
• Pre-employment drug screens