HR assistants provide the human resources department with administrative support by managing employee records, reviewing resumes, and assisting in the recruiting process.
They may also be expected to keep track of employee benefits, wages, and tax information and prepare newly hired employees for orientation.
Individuals wishing to apply for an entry-level HR assistant need to ensure that they possess a business degree preferably in Human Resource Management.
When you write a resume for this position, you will need to ensure that your skills in managing records and interviewing candidates are explicitly mentioned in the resume.
If you feel that you are ready to work as an HR assistant, you should skim through the resume sample below which is explicitly written for entry-level candidates.
Sample Resume for an Entry Level HR Assistant With No Experience
3087 Tungsten Circle
Trumbull, CT 52415
Outgoing human resources graduate with a bright educational background. Exceptional ability to handle HR work professionally. Thorough understanding of the importance of external and internal communication protocols. Proficient in comprehending and analyzing information derived from human resource documents. Profound ability to oversee recruitment efforts and ensure employee retention.
Master of Business Administration
Connecticut State University – Trumbull, CT – 2021
Majors: Human Resources Management
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Well versed in advanced HR Principles
• Ability to negotiate with candidates
• Thorough understanding of developing and implementing HR policies and procedures
• Experience in using popular HR software
• Lateral thinker with the ability to manage solutions to complex problems
• “Can do” attitude
• Interviews/Selection Process
• Payroll Administration
• Insurance and Benefits
• Disciplinary Procedure/Terminations
• Resume Scrutiny
• Contract Witting
Human Resources Intern
Safway Services, LLC – Trumbull, CT
Apr 2021 – Jun 2021
• Maintained and updated employee files and training records
• Processed newly recruited and terminated employee files
• Assisted interviewing committee
• Made placement suggestions
• Compiled insurance information for staff
• Dean’s List in 2018 and 2019
• President of the university Water Conservation Club