Housekeeping workers or housekeepers perform various repetitive cleaning and housekeeping tasks in the assigned areas. Their duties include maintaining the cleanliness of premise by using the appropriate cleaning and sanitizing methods, chemicals, materials and procedures. They are also responsible for waxing and scrubbing floors and tiles, cleaning bathrooms, fixtures and equipment, and removing garbage.
In order to apply for a housekeeping worker position, you need to build a well-written resume along with a supporting cover letter for housekeeping resume. Your resume should contain information of your cleaning skills, physical abilities, and relevant professional background.
Look at the following sample resume for Housekeeping Worker to get help build your own resume. This example is also useful for the job seekers with less or no experience in hand. You just need to tailor it as per your experience, skills and abilities.
84 Example Street| San Luis Obispo, CA 32587 | Tel: (000) 698-8797 | Email:
Bringing competence, team-spirit and expertise in cleaning and customer service.
Successful housekeeping record, backed by rigorous training and 11 years’ extensive experience. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail aimed at providing the highest level of service. Committed and organized, with the ability to work independently as well as a part of team.
Exceptionally talented in observing and reporting any kind of security violations, maintaining records and preparing reports. Always adheres to company’s policies and procedures. Responds quickly in emergency situations.
• Highly skilled in sweeping, dusting, scrubbing, moping, washing, vacuuming and waxing
• Familiar with modern cleaning methods
• Competent in operating housekeeping equipment
• Able to understand and follow safety precautions and work related directions
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish physically challenging tasks
ResCare – San Luis Obispo, CA | Mar 2011 – Present
• Sweep, mop, scrub, dust, wax and polish furniture, windows, floors, walls, furnishings, equipment, and hardware
• Clean and disinfect washrooms, laboratories, and bedrooms
• Move equipment and furniture
• Remove soiled dressings and supplies
• Keep bathroom supplied with paper, towels, and soap
• Order and distribute custodial supplies
• Collect and dispose of waste and garbage
• Maintain housekeeping inventory
NYU Langone Medical Center – New York, NY | Jan 2007 – Mar 2011
• Created a sanitized environment to patients, visitors, physicians and employees
• Performed a range of housekeeping duties including waste removal, dusting, cleaning and cleaning of fixtures and surfaces
• Removed soiled linens
• Cleaned, sanitized and made beds
• Vacuumed carpets and rugs
High School Diploma | Community School, New York, NY | 2005
• Profound ability to lift 50 pounds and move 75 pounds
• Able to stand for extended periods and carry out manual repetitive tasks