A resume for housekeeping specialist position is tricky to write, especially if you are not too comfortable with writing it the way it should be written.
Confused further? Don’t be.
A resume is actually quite simple to write if you have a format to bank on. Here is a sample to help you in this regard.
Housekeeping Specialist Resume Sample
8425 Taylor Road | Sheridan, WY 10213
(000) 874-5241 | rita.ora @ email . com
Resourceful and ambitious housekeeping professional with over 9+ years of successful experience working in busy hotel and hospital environments. Proficient in handling cleaning and sanitizing work, with special focus on providing exceptional services to guests.
• Demonstrated ability to create and implement schedules for the housekeeping staff
• Handles cleaning supplies and equipment inventory, with special focus on keeping levels at par
• Effectively able to perform light and heaving cleaning and sanitizing activities, in accordance with hospitality standards
• Deeply familiar with handling trash removal and disposing off activities, aimed at minimizing contamination risks
|✓ Sanitizing||✓ Waste Disposal||✓ Safe Chemical Mixing|
|✓ Laundry Oversight||✓ Staff Training||✓ Schedule Building|
|✓ Repair and Maintenance||✓ Inventory Management||✓ Supplies Replenishment|
|✓ Complaints Handling||✓ Polishing and Buffing||✓ Safety Standards|
• Devised and implemented a novel waste disposal system, which minimized hazardous situations pertaining to staff members handling waste.
• Overhauled the inventory management system, making it 75% more efficient than it was before.
• Trained 8 groups of custodial / housekeeping staff to be deployed to 2 offshore hotel locations
• Identified the need for a major electrical repair, which might have caused a fire if id had gone unnoticed.
Vida Hospitality, Sheridan, WY | 5/2011 – Present
• Create schedules for housekeeping staff members and ensure that they work according to them
• Assign housekeeping duties to each staff member, according to her or his specific strengths
• Perform thorough cleaning activities by sweeping and mopping floors and ensuring that dust is removed from furniture and fixtures
• Follow sanitation checklists to ensure that all sanitizing activities have been performed according to schedule
• Oversee the work of laundry staff to ensure that dirty or soiled linen has been collected from rooms and replaced by fresh linen
• Perform inspection of rooms, offices, hallways and lobbies to ensure that housekeeping standards ae being met
• Oversee equipment and supplies inventory and ensure that any item that is low in stock is procured in a timely manner
• Ascertain that waste disposal activities are properly carried out, minimizing risk to staff members, guests and visitors
Housekeeping Room Attendant
Urban Hotel, Sheridan, WY | 11/2007 – 5/2011
• Assisted guests in checking into their rooms by providing them information on use of key cards, and helping with luggage
• Provided guests with information on the hotels facilities, encouraging them to make use of them
• Cleaned guests’ rooms on a daily basis and ensured that their beds were properly made and changed as required
• Replenished supplies such as soap, towels and paper rolls in bathrooms and restroom
• Provided laundry services by picking up dirty clothes and linen, and ensuring that they are returned cleaned and ironed
Sheridan High School, Sheridan, WY – 2009
High School Diploma