A supervisory role requires a little more effort where the Hotel Supervisor resume writing is concerned.
After all, you want to be able to prove that you can actually take up and fulfill the responsibility that will be entrusted to you eventually.
In order to write an effective resume for the hotel supervisor position, you should mention your most favorable assets such as leadership skills and the ability to handle adverse situations with tact.
Build different sections on a Hotel Supervisor resume to make it attention-grabbing.
Hotel Supervisor Resume Example
2112 Hopkins Street, Los Angeles, CA 91020
kyra_miller @ email . com
• Passionate hotel supervisor with 8+ years’ hands-on experience in leading hotel staff and ensuring smooth operations of the front office.
• Adept at handling complaints with the view to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
• Hands-on experience in assisting with and overseeing guest check-in and check-out duties by ensuring smoothness and promptness
• Effectively able to attend to guests’ requests to ensure complete satisfaction and return business opportunities
• Proven ability to maintain a constant presence in lobbies and other areas of the hotel in a bid to stay approachable
• Proficient in creating and implementing staff schedules and ensuring that they are followed properly
PILLAR HOTELS AND RESORTS, Los Angeles, CA
May 2017 – Present
• Greet guests and ensure that they are well looked after by first contact personnel
• Handle advance reservations over the telephone and provide guests with reservation codes
• Provide leadership and direction to staff members by ensuring that they follow exact instructions
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services and upsell services according to interest
• Prepare staff schedules and ensure that all positions are filled within the hotel
• Control room inventory and cashier transactions and ensure that proper bookkeeping procedures are put into place
• Maintain adequate supplies of inventory by creating and maintaining effective liaison with vendors and suppliers
• Inquire into causes of complaints and ensure that they are serviced/resolved on an immediate basis
• Increased customer base by 52% by suggesting a reduction of room prices during holiday seasons
• Acquired 21 major corporate accounts which added significant weightage to the hotel revenue
Assistant Hotel Supervisor
OMNI NASHVILLE HOTEL, Nashville, TN
Aug 2011 – May 2017
• Acted as the first point of contact for guests by providing them with information on services
• Assisted in handling reservations in person and on the telephone
• Oversaw the cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel by making sure that the housekeeping staff does its job properly
• Provided support in creating and implementing staff schedules and ensured that staff members abided by them
• Handled the overall room and stock inventory by managing inventory controls and ensuring positive vendor liaison
• Implemented a staff scheduling system which ensured that no space is left unfilled even during massive staff shortage incidents
• Retained a corporate guest (who provided a monthly revenue of $12000) who was mishandled by a staff member, by providing her with extra perks
Bachelor of Business Administration
NASHVILLE BUSINESS SCHOOL, Nashville, TN – 2009
Major: Hospitality Services
• Front Office Management
• Staff Scheduling
• Complaints Handling
• Reservation Records
• Housekeeping Oversight
• Room Allocation
• Inventory Control