Like all other fields of work, optometry arena also contains excessive number of qualified candidates. Therefore, you need a stand out resume to obtain an interview for an optometrist assistant job. Regardless of whether you are a beginner, a professional or are seeking a job switch somewhere in your mid-career, everyone should know what a modern resume looks like in order to build one when required.
• Your core competencies or skills must be prioritized. The most significant ones should be mentioned at the top.
• Modern resumes are like an anthology of the key results and accomplishments. Make sure you mention your most relevant professional achievements.
Optometrist Assistant Resume Sample
843 Evelyn Square • Orlando, FL 82302 • (005) 333-3432 • david @ email . com
Performance Summary: Highly perceptive and patient service-oriented Optometrist Assistant with 9+ years’ verifiable track record in diagnostic testing, visual field screening and retinal imaging. Attentive and driven professional who has excellent interpersonal skills and a profound expertise in contact lens insertion, adjustment and replacement. Experienced in handling contact lens sales, transactions and rectification orders. Fully familiar with latest trends and technological developments in optometry arena.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|• Ocular History||• Retinal Imaging||• Appointment Scheduling|
|• Diagnostic Testing||• Auto Refraction||• Lens Fabrication|
|• Record Keeping||• Contact Lens Insertion||• Inventory Upkeep|
|• Visual Screening||• Visual Acuities||• Equipment Maintenance|
• Gather patients’ medical and ocular history
• Perform initial diagnostic testing and visual field screening using specialized equipment
• Explain the spectacles and contact lens options to patients in light of final diagnosis issued by the optometrist
• Clean and maintain the specialized equipment area in an organized manner
• Perform retinal screening, auto refraction analysis and visual acuities on patients
• Keep track of all orders placed and process transactions before delivery of the same
Key Results and Achievements
• Reduced diagnostic screening cost 30% monthly through implementation of a modern computerized retinal imaging technique
• Identified a case of genetic Glaucoma and referred the patient to an Eye Clinic for treatment
• Instructed patients regarding care and usage of contact lenses and spectacles
• Adjusted and repaired glasses as per the optometrists’ directions
• Kept track of all orders booked and delivered
• Maintained reception and work area in a neat, clean and organized manner
• Assisted patients in frame selection
• Prepared and sterilized materials needed for fabrication of contact lenses
Key Results and Achievements
• Computerized all patient data and implemented a quick and easy database system
• Repaired a fault in the specialized ocular equipment saving a replacement cost $15000
Orlando Technical College, Orlando, FL – 2011
Diploma in Optometry
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Computer: MS word and optical imagery software