Similar to all other fields of work, the optometry arena also contains an excessive number of qualified candidates.
Therefore, you need a good resume to obtain an interview for an optometrist assistant job.
Regardless of whether you are a beginner, a professional or are seeking a job switch somewhere in your mid-career, everyone should know what a modern resume looks like in order to build one when required.
Here is a sample:
Sample Resume for Optometrist Assistant Position
843 Evelyn Square
Orlando, FL 82302
david @ email . com
Highly perceptive and patient service-oriented Optometrist Assistant with 9+ years’ verifiable track record in diagnostic testing, visual field screening, and retinal imaging. Attentive and driven professional who has excellent interpersonal skills and profound expertise in contact lens insertion, adjustment, and replacement. Experienced in handling contact lens sales, transactions, and rectification orders. Fully familiar with the latest trends and technological developments in the optometry arena.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Ocular History
• Retinal Imaging
• Appointment Scheduling
• Diagnostic Testing
• Auto Refraction
• Lens Fabrication
• Record Keeping
• Contact Lens Insertion
• Inventory Upkeep
• Visual Screening
• Visual Acuities
• Equipment Maintenance
National Vision Center, Orlando, FL
August 2013 – present
• Gather patients’ medical and ocular history
• Perform initial diagnostic testing and visual field screening using specialized equipment
• Explain the spectacles and contact lens options to patients in light of the final diagnosis issued by the optometrist
• Clean and maintain the specialized equipment area in an organized manner
• Perform retinal screening, autorefraction analysis, and visual acuities on patients
• Keep track of all orders placed and process transactions before delivery of the same
Key Results and Achievements
• Reduced diagnostic screening cost by 30% per month through the implementation of a modern computerized retinal imaging technique.
• Identified a case of genetic Glaucoma and referred the patient to an Eye Clinic for treatment.
Junior Optometrist Assistant
COMPASS EYECARE, Orlando, FL
May 2011 – July 2013
• Instructed patients regarding care and usage of contact lenses and spectacles
• Adjusted and repaired glasses as per the optometrists’ directions
• Kept track of all orders booked and delivered
• Maintained reception and work area in a neat, clean and organized manner
• Assisted patients in frame selection
• Prepared and sterilized materials needed for fabrication of contact lenses
Key Results and Achievements
• Computerized all patient data and implemented a quick and easy database system
• Repaired a fault in the specialized ocular equipment saving a replacement cost $15000
Diploma in Optometry
Orlando Technical College, Orlando, FL – 2011
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Computer: MS word and optical imagery software