The popularity of a hospitality environment such as a hotel is usually rated by its physical presentation and the type of services one gets while staying in one.
While all employees within a hotel are trained to handle their individual tasks, it is actually the hotel supervisor who is responsible for making sure that the hotel upholds its reputation for service quality.
Hotel Supervisor Job Description
Hotel supervisors are hired to ensure that everything from guest check-in to check out is handled without any hitches.
He or she may not be the first person that you meet when you check in but you will almost always see that an individual is calling the shots – an individual who is not sitting behind a desk but is constantly ensuring that his or her presence is felt!
To work as a hotel supervisor, one has to possess excellent leadership qualities along with the ability to make customers/guests happy.
Some employers may require a high school diploma to work as a hotel supervisor but mostly, you will be required to have a degree in hospitality management so that you understand the intricacies of running a hotel.
Well, technically, you won’t be running a hospital but will be doing something as important.
For a list of duties associated with a hotel supervisor role, refer below:
Sample Job Duties for Hotel Supervisor Resume
• Oversee work of front desk personnel such as guest relation officers to ensure that they receive and greet guests properly
• Assist during the check-in and check out processes to ensure that all associated activities are handled flawlessly
• Create and implement staff schedules to ensure that no station within the hotel is left unmanned
• Make reservations for guests over the telephone or in-person and instruct staff members to handle follow up duties
• Assist with cashiering functions by providing insight and support in handling bookkeeping activities
• Act as the first point of contact for inquiries regarding events at the hotel and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to direct them to in-house event managers
• Assist guests with special requests such as booking extensions and supervise front desk officers to ensure prompt fulfillment of special requests
• Oversee the work of housekeeping staff and control room and supplies inventory
• Deal with complaints and suggestions according to set hospital policies and ensure business retention
• Create and maintain professional liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure prompt delivery of supplies and maintenance equipment
• Direct guests to areas within the hotel such as lifts, restaurants, gyms or swimming pools