A Bellman works in the hospitality industry including hotels, motels, and resorts. Their primary responsibility is to provide guests with check-in/out assistance and a number of services.
This name is derived from the fact that bellmen would respond to a bell in a hotel whenever a guest was supposed to be directed to a room or needed help.
In order to apply for a bellman job, you will need to write a bellman resume, as well as a bellman cover letter.
Bellman Resume Writing Tips
- Do not include any irrelevant information or experience on your resume because it will waste space and will make an unprofessional impression on the reader.
- Never Copy and paste the job description provided by the employer in the experience section of your resume.
- Add some bellman skills in a resume in keeping with the specific requirements of the prospective employer.
Bellman Resume Example
893 Silver Street
Milton, NH 66353
Bringing successful experience and skills in providing excellent hospitality services to guests.
• A physically dexterous individual with over 7 years of experience as a Bellman and Doorperson
• Complete knowledge of the hospitality industry
• Adept at maintaining and using relevant equipment
• Highly skilled in anticipating guests’ needs and responding appropriately
• Well versed in sustaining positive guest relations
• Managed a delegation of Japanese diplomats by providing them with the best hospitality services and thereby being recommended for a promotion
• Awarded the Best Employee of the Year title following provision of excellent guest services in 2011
Hotel One – Milton, NH
2013 – Present
• Greet guests as they arrive and guide them appropriately
• Assist guests with luggage when checking in/out
• Hail taxicabs and assist with inquiries
• Inform guests of the hotel’s procedures and policies and provide emergency information
• Assist in cleaning up lobby and lounge
• Help valets during busy hours
• Deliver messages and run errands
• Assist with newspaper deliveries to the rooms
Luxury Resorts & Hotels – Captiva, FL
2008 – 2013
• Loaded and unloaded luggage carts
• Escort guests to rooms
• Checked luggage tags for arrivals and departures
• Delivered messages to meeting rooms
• Maintained current listing of leisure, particular events, and activities
High School Diploma
Captiva High School, Captiva, FL
• Excellent guest service, communications, and interpersonal skills
• Profound ability to work on a flexible schedule
• Service orientated and highly organized
• Able to work with people of different backgrounds