Bellmen who are skilled and willing to learn new skills are always preferred by employers. With skills comes a lot of ease – your resume and cover letter can be created with ease and you will be more confident at an interview. When you write a resume for bellman position, your skills will need to be shown everywhere. But most importantly, a dedicated section will need to be created to showcase them.
Why is it so important to highlight your skills in a resume specifically? You can only be considered a good choice to hire if your skills align with the requirements of the employer. This particular section on your resume will need to be looked into with much care. Living up to the expectations of an employer is important which is why a skills section on your resume is important too. If you stand out from the crowd by combining your skills in a certain way, you will be hired instantly. On the other hand, not mentioning your skills in a resume can be close to career suicide.
Creating a dedicated skills section in your resume is the best thing that you can do for yourself as far as a bellman resume is concerned. A list of acceptable skills statements is provided below for your reference:
• Demonstrated ability to greet guests friendly and courteously, in sync with the hotel’s standards and protocols
• Highly experienced in operating courtesy shuttles and handling baggage for tours and / or dispatch purposes
• Unmatched ability to recognize returning guests and welcome and escort them through the facilities
• Qualified to store and retrieve luggage and other objects for guests, in accordance to hospitality standards and procedures
• Proficient in ensuring that lobbies, bell closets and work areas are clean and presentable at all times
• Highly skilled in safely and efficiently unloading luggage on curbsides, and promptly delivering it to guests’ rooms
• Hands-on experience in handling room service requests and assisting guests with laundry services
• Deeply familiar with maintaining luggage carts and hailing taxis, and assisting with front desk and housekeeping tasks
• Solid track record of efficiently delivering luggage, messages and packages to guests while maintaining the integrity of all items
• Adept at informing guests of emergency procedures and operation of amenities within the room
• Competent in inspecting guests’ rooms for order and adequate supplies and timely providing items on loan to guests
• Proven ability to provide assistance to concierge with her or his duties during busy periods, and manning the front desk as needed