The term hospitality encompasses a wide array of job descriptions which may include almost everyone who is providing direct customer services in a hospitality environment such as a hotel. There are many people involved in making a hotel successful and all of them can be categorized as hospitality workers. Let us take one as an example. A housekeeping manager is the height of customer service in a hospitality environment as he is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment.
So you are going to apply for a job in hospitality industry? You will need to know how to write a compelling and effective resume that bring an interview and maximize the chances of a job in your line of work.
In fact, a Hospitality resume is more than words on a paper – the presentation of your resume counts. Make sure that your qualifications, skills, areas of expertise and relevant experience is well-represented under different headings.
If this is the hospitality worker job that you are looking for, you may get help from the following resume sample in order to build a strong resume.
Hospitality Resume Example
3901 Grant Avenue, Casper, WY 79011
Residence: (000) 203-8547 ● Cell: (000) 697-9639 ● Email: craft @ email . com
Motivated and energetic hospitality professional with three years of outstanding customer service experience. Demonstrated hospitality leader, with the ability to consistently exceed goals and build client base. Neat appearance and positive attitude, able to go above and beyond for customer satisfaction.
|● Customer focus||● Workload management||● Adaptability|
|● Communication||● Conflict management||● Teamwork|
|● Decision making||● Pressure handling||● Problem solving|
|● Attention to detail||● Priority Setting||● Bussing / Cleaning|
Country Inn Clive – Des Moines, IA | Dec 2012 – June 2013
• Assisted hotel guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
• Created a hospitable and appealing breakfast room by providing superior customer service to guests
• Set-up dining room and buffets
• Ensured food and beverage station is maintained
• Maintained cleanliness of work area
• Adhered to all safety and health regulations
Hyatt, Casper, WY | Jun 2010 – Dec 2012
• Cleaned rooms and bathrooms
• Replenished supplies in bathrooms
• Mopped floors and vacuumed carpets
• Dusted furniture and washed windows
• Picked up laundry and delivered to the cleaning department
• Took out trash and managed recycling activities
High School Diploma – 2005
Casper High School, Casper, WY
•MS Word, Excel, Outlook
•PowerPoint and Internet