So you are going to apply for a job in hospitality industry? You will need to know how to write a compelling and effective resume that bring an interview and maximize the chances of a job in your line of work. In fact, a Hospitality resume is more than words on a paper – the presentation of your resume counts. Make sure that your qualifications, skills, areas of expertise and relevant experience is well-represented under different headings.
Hospitality Job Description
The term hospitality encompasses a wide array of job descriptions which may include almost everyone who is providing direct customer services in a hospitality environment such as a hotel. There are many people involved in making a hotel successful and all of them can be categorized as hospitality workers. Let us take one as an example. A housekeeping manager is the height of customer service in a hospitality environment as he is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment.
If this is the hospitality worker job that you are looking for, you may get help from the following resume sample in order to build a strong resume.
Hospitality Resume Example
3901 Grant Avenue, Casper, WY 79011
Residence: (999) 999-9999 ● Cell: (222) 333-9639 ● Email: craft @ email . com
Motivated and energetic hospitality professional with three years of outstanding customer care experience. Demonstrated hospitality leader, with a demonstrated ability to consistently exceed goals and build client base. Neat appearance and positive attitude, able to go above and beyond for customer satisfaction.
|● Customer focus||● Workload management||● Adaptability|
|● Communication||● Conflict management||● Teamwork|
|● Decision making||● Pressure handling||● Problem solving|
|● Attention to detail||● Priority Setting||● Bussing / Cleaning|
Country Inn Clive – Des Moines, IA | Dec 2012 – June 2013
• Assisted hotel guests in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
• Created a hospitable and appealing breakfast room by providing superior customer service to guests
• Set-up dining room and buffets
• Ensured food and beverage station is maintained
• Maintained cleanliness of work area
• Adhered to all safety and health regulations
Hyatt, Casper, WY | Jun 2010 – Dec 2012
• Cleaned rooms and bathrooms
• Replenished supplies in bathrooms
• Mopped floors and vacuumed carpets
• Dusted furniture and washed windows
• Picked up laundry and delivered to the cleaning department
• Took out trash and managed recycling activities
High School Diploma – 2005
COMPUTER SKILLS: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Internet