The need to impress is high when you are applying for a managerial position such as a banquet captain, which is why your resume needs to be perfect.
In order to build a perfect resume for the banquet captain position, you should revise it many times before sending it.
When you revise your resume, you know exactly what mistakes not to make.
The following resume sample will help you build a perfect banquet captain resume.
Banquet Captain Resume Sample
888 Allen Avenue, Colchester, VT 33621
mickand @ email . com
An accomplished leader with a proven track record of directing the setup and tear-down of large banquets. Highly experienced in supervising banquet staff to ensure delivery of exceptional customer services, based on the foodservice industry’s specific protocols. Effectively maintains communication between customers and banquet staff throughout the duration of the shift.
• First-hand experience in overseeing catered events, both in-house and off-site to ensure customer satisfaction at each point
• Competent in ensuring complete overall sanitation and cleanliness of work areas, including storage areas and banquet rooms
• Deep insight into coordinating the quality of food and foodservice to ensure smooth working initiatives
|• Corporate Events Management||• Staff Training & Scheduling|
|• Staff Coordination||• Sanitation and Cleanliness|
|• Charges Review||• Inventory Management|
|• Menu Development||• Price Establishment|
|• Banquet Setup||• Food Service Excellence|
|• Complaint Handling||• Food and Beverage Preparation|
• Developed a special menu for banquet events, incorporating delicacies and exotic dishes, resulting in a 34% increase in the customer base.
• Singlehandedly set up, oversaw, and tore down a banquet for 70 people, during staff shortages in the Christmas holidays.
• Put in place exceptionally organized inventory systems, streamlining the process immensely.
• Received the Food Service Excellence Award by The Vermont Food Authority for contributing colossally to The Banquet Project.
Hyatt, Colchester, VT (11/2011 – Present)
• Confer with customers to determine their banquet setup needs for specific events
• Provide information regarding available food options and add-ons
• Assist customers in choosing banquet setups from a variety of offered types
• Communicate customers’ requirements to chefs and stewards and ensure that all logistics are handled in a timely manner
• Coordinate the work of stewards and chefs to ensure optimum delivery time maintenance
• Ensure that safety and sanitation of the banquet and storage areas
City Hotel, Colchester, VT (6/2005 – 11/2011)
• Arranged for supplies and equipment to be made available for specific banquet events
• Created and implemented staff schedules and guest service standards and ensure that appropriate training is provided to all staff members
• Assisted in the setup and break down of banquet setups
• Ensured that any problems are handled immediately
• Reviewed incurred charges, post any allowed discounts
• Provided breakup information to customers
Cheesecake Factory, Colchester, VT (1/2001 – 6/2005)
• Provided banquet set up and breakdown support by ensuring that all instructions are properly followed
• Instructed chefs about chosen menu items for specific banquet events
• Coordinated the efforts of banquet chefs and stewards to ensure on-time delivery of food and beverage items
• Oversaw food preparation activities for specific events to ascertain service standards maintenance
• Created and maintained liaison with suppliers and vendors to ensure the timely setup of banquet events
Associate of Arts in Hospitality Management
Colchester College, Colchester, VT – 1999