A Banquet Manager must be familiar with the restaurant environment. They are responsible for building banquet special event sales, along with outstanding personnel management ability, providing superior quality and service for guests.
The main task of the Banquet Manager is to oversee day-to-day operations, planning, and long-term outlook of all events/activities held in the hotel/banquet hall.
A resume for the banquet manager position is a one-to-two-page document describing your relevant experience, skills, and qualifications for this area.
Banquet Manager Résumés are used as a selling tool to facilitate land an interview and are the chosen method of communicating your qualifications to prospective employers.
Here are 2 examples:
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 1
879 Mudline Road
Proctor, AR 81256
jamesperez @ email . com
Customer service-oriented individual known for 12+ years of experience in managing banquet services in busy hotel and restaurant environments. Highly skilled in overseeing banquet all activities to ensure delivery of quality services to patrons.
• Track record of developing and implementing business strategies for food and beverage operations.
• Hands-on experience in adjusting plans to meet the changing and growing needs of the company.
• Able to create a friendly environment in sync with the company culture.
• Proficient in ensuring that the hotel/restaurant delivers company experience by reviewing hotel operations from the customers’ perspective.
• Decreased costs of renting buffet tables by 80% by suggesting to buy them from a local market at a reduced price.
Increased staff efficiency by 70% by announcing bonuses for all staff members that receive a 90% or above on the customer feedback card.
• Streamlined event management duties by training each banquet staff member to handle specific banquet management duties assigned to him or her.
• Simultaneously handled two large-scale events within one banquet room without any complaints from either party.
THE HYATT, Proctor, AR
(5/2014 to Present)
• Plan, organize, and execute banquet room functions to ensure appropriate service provision to customers.
• Oversee the setup of banquet rooms including placement of linen, silver, and glassware.
• Monitor and develop team members to ensure that they know what their specific work duties are.
• Create schedules and ensure that each staff member is aware of them.
• Keep a close eye on the inventory of banquet supplies and make sure that any low stocks are replenished immediately.
• Handle purchasing and requisition procedures and maintain records of inventory and labor costs.
• Consistently check banquet food and beverage quality, service, and presentation.
• Interview, hire and train employees to work as part of the banquet team.
• Liaise with the food and beverage manager to ensure that customers’ needs are being met.
(1/2009 to 5/2015)
FOUR SEASONS, Proctor, AR
Assistant Banquet Manager
• Assisted in handling staff scheduling duties.
• Ascertained that a sufficient number of staff members are present at all times.
• Assisted by hiring and training banquet staff members.
• Motivated and coached staff members to ensure that they work towards achieving the food service goals of the company.
• Coordinated the set-up and clearing up of each banquet event.
• Ensured that sufficient supplies were available by keeping track of the inventory.
• Responded to customers’ complaints and special requests to ensure delivery of exceptional customer services.
PROCTOR PUBLIC SCHOOL, Proctor, AR
• Banquet Setup
• Budget Development
• Cost Controlling
• Inventory Management
• Procedures Maintenance
• Event Planning
Banquet Manager Resume Sample 2
3479 7th Street – Salt Lake City, UT 2369
• 6+ years’ banquet management experience in luxury hotel settings
• 4+ years’ food and beverage management experience
• Achieved predetermined profit and desired standards in foodservice and sanitation
• Enforced policies with management and schedules for the operation of the banquet department
• Enhanced monthly inventory of banquet set up equipment
• Improved inspection of banquet rooms ensuring all requirements were met
• Awarded for maintaining a strong client relationship increasing customer loyalty & positive feedback
• Utilized a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality
• Efficiently monitored and managed payroll, budget, effective costing, and resource allocation
Festivities – Richmond, VA
2017 – Present
• Planned and executed detailed events while supervising staff
• Scheduled daily catering orders and banquet event proposals
• Ordered supplies including linen and event rentals
• Provided support and guidance to fellow catering personnel
• Determined appropriate staffing levels, room assignments, buffet décor, and enhancements
• Organized appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings
Banquet House Attendant
Expert Event Co. – Columbia, SC
2015 – 2017
• Provided guests with exceptional service
• Assisted with set up, service, and clean-up for all events
• Read and understood banquet event orders
• Performed all side work and duties given by Banquet management
• Cleaned, cleared & sorted out all tables top ware once guest was done with them
• Communicated with appropriate hotel colleagues in an accurate and timely manner
Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Management
UNIVERSITY OF BOSTON – Boston, MA | 2002
Major- Catering and Event Management
• Strong leadership
• Sense of urgency
• Excellent work ethics
• Good and clear communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Quick and independent worker