Keeping up with current resume trends is the key to writing an effective resume for the hospital admissions coordinator position.
In this digital age, resumes are fast becoming a race for perfection, where the best resumes win and ones that are not too well-written lose out.
However, everything in resume writing hasn’t changed.
New technologies now stand on the shoulders of historically proven resume writing smarts and this is what is considered a winning combination.
See also: Hospital Admissions Coordinator Cover Letter
Look at the sample below to get a better idea of how to write a good resume for the hospital admissions coordinator.
Sample Resume for Hospital Admissions Coordinator
1002 S 34th Street, Milwaukee, WI 12365
marie.baker @ email . com
HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR
Dependable hospital admissions coordinator whose honesty, integrity, and hard work provide for streamlined admissions procedures and exceptional administrative services. Qualified to admit patients in healthcare programs and facilities by ensuring that admitting guidelines are followed properly.
• Particularly effective in overseeing the workflow related to pre-admissions and handling referrals
• Deep familiarity with scheduling appointments and entering patient data into predefined hospital databases
• Proven ability to screen patients by comparing conditions to admissions criteria
• Able to resolve issues and complaints by investigating concerns and recommending changes in service procedures
• Streamlined the admissions procedure by creating first information forms to obtain initial information about new patients
• Reduced paperwork by 69% by implementing online patient registrations and admission procedures
• Implemented a dynamic patient matching system which automatically defined treatment areas for patients based on their individual conditions
• Created and maintained effective liaison with 12 insurance companies on the hospital’s panel, making insurance claims follow up easier
Hospital Admissions Coordinator
ROYAL MANOR HEALTHCARE, Milwaukee, WI
• Greet patients and family members and inquire into their specific purpose for visiting the facility
• Take and record patient information such as demographics and medical histories and ensure that it is properly punched into the facility database
• Respond to inquiries over the telephone and provide information regarding services offered at the facility
• Assist patients in filling out hospital admission forms and provide them with assistance in handling online admissions
• Oversee work related to pre-admissions and handle referrals by reviewing them properly
Hospital Admissions Coordinator
ABC HEALTHCARE, Milwaukee, WI
• Verified patients’ insurance information and calculate copays at admission and discharge times
• Maintained referral and patient databases in an appropriate and confidential manner
• Screened patients to determine what type of medical facilities they qualify for
• Investigated concerns and complaints and ensure that they are resolved in a time-efficient manner
Front Desk Representative
WEST GABLES REHABILITATION CENTER, Milwaukee, WI
• Handled telephone calls by providing information and transferring calls
• Assisted patients and family members in filling out hospital admission and insurance information forms
• Provided support in converting paper forms into digital information by performing data entry duties
• Ensured the neatness and maintenance of front desk and waiting areas
High School Diploma
ST. JACOB’S HIGH SCHOOL, Milwaukee, WI – 2009
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Admissions Maintenance • Forms Review
• Enrollment • Paperwork Collection
• Insurance Liaison • Admission Handling
• First-tier Services • Patient Matching
• Patient History Recording • Medical Benefits
• Checking Admission Procedures • PABX Operations