Prospective employers of United Parcel Service (UPS) hardly pay attention to resumes that are not of the standout nature.
A resume that begins well, ends well too – that is, in the eyes of a hiring manager!
Here is a sample for you to follow when writing your own:
See also: Driver Helper Cover Letter Sample
UPS Driver Helper Resume Sample
9700 Lambs Ferry Road
Loretto, TN 06540
kev.adams @ email . com
UPS DRIVER HELPER
Physically dexterous and highly determined Driver Helper with over 9 years of experience in providing assistance to delivery drivers in loading and unloading parcels, and efficiently delivering them to their destinations. Ability to pick up and load heavy objects, weighing up to 100 lbs. Skilled in padding, stacking and securing items position on trucks, to ensure their safety.
|✓ Route Mapping||✓ Special Deliveries||✓ Safe Loading/Unloading|
|✓ Truck Security||✓ Truckload Building||✓ Dispatcher Liaison|
|✓ Paperwork Handling||✓ Truck Cab Maintenance||✓ Safety Procedures|
|✓ COD Management||✓ Returns Processing||✓ Complaint Handling|
• Delivered 120 packages during one shift, on a particularly busy Christmas weekend.
• Introduced the concept of using the GPS instead of standard maps, decreasing the time it took to navigate to destinations.
• Secured truckloads by implementing a core safety system, designed to ensure that parcels were kept in place through transition.
• Successfully delivered a classified package within the provided timeframe in spite of imminent danger of being targeted by a mafia van.
UPS Driver Helper
UPS, Nashville, TN | 12/2013 – Present
• Look through work orders to determine the amount of parcels to be delivered during each shift.
• Physically pick out parcels from the load, and ensure that they are safely loaded onto delivery trucks.
• Unload parcels from shipment trucks, and place them inside the premises on designated areas.
• Devise appropriate routes by using standard maps and the GPS.
• Provide navigation assistance to the driver, directing him to the right destinations.
FedEx, Nashville, TN | 6/2010 – 12/2013
• Delivered and stacked merchandise on customers’ premises, and collected and recorded payments appropriately.
• Effectively planned daily routes by making good use of standard maps and the GPS.
• Picked up parcels and packages and deliver them to customers and took their signatures on receipts.
• Ensured that any COD (cash on delivery) parcels were handled according to company protocol.
• Created and maintained effective liaison with dispatchers to provide them with information on deliveries and returns.
UPS, Nashville, TN| 2/2008 – 6/2010
• Received mail from delivery trucks and sorted it out according to addresses.
• Made piles of mail, ensuring that their addresses were properly written.
• Assisted in loading mail onto waiting delivery trucks, and stacking them appropriately on trucks.
• Ascertained that all correlating paperwork was sent along with parcels and packages.
• Handled the general upkeep and maintenance of the mailroom, and oversaw the security of parcels and packages.
St. Peter’s High School, Nashville, TN | 2005
High School Diploma