Resume – that dreaded word! How does one get comfortable in creating a resume when the mere thought of it is so uncomfortable?
Well, one has to do what one has to do! And you do have to write a resume if you want to apply for a job.
Train yourself to think beyond the difficulty that resumes pose. Instead, look at the benefits that it will provide.
To see what format you can follow, have a look at the following sample:
4525 Treaty Road | Fort Wayne, IN 40210 | (000) 415-7574 | umathorpe @ email . com
Over 3 years of exposure to handling stock management duties in busy supermarket environments. Exceptionally well-versed in handling stock inventory, placing special focus on stock levels. Competent at receiving stock, carefully unpacking items and checking them for damage or inconsistency. Special talent for stocking shelves and setting up visual merchandising displays in an aesthetic manner to attract new customers.
|✓ Visual Merchandising||✓ Inventory Management||✓ Quality Control|
|✓ Display Maintenance||✓ Merchandise Requisitioning||✓ Vendor Relations|
|✓ Cashiering||✓ Discrepancy Management||✓ Overnight Stocking|
|✓ Customer Liaison||✓ Store Maintenance||✓ Damage Control|
• Introduced the store to the 4 Ps of marketing, generating additional revenue due to the placement of items.
• Singlehandedly received and checked 15 shipments in one day, in the absence of 3 other stockers.
• Implemented an inventory system, which was considered 65% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Successfully set up a visual merchandising display measuring to 19 feet, for the company’s 10 years anniversary celebrations.
Target, Fort Wayne, IN | 5/2015 – Present
• Receive merchandise and compare it with work orders to determine accuracy
• Open boxes and packs and check if all items conform to standards of quality
• Perform labeling activities to ensure that each item it properly tagged with pricing and expiry information
• Stock shelves, cases and racks with items according to the policies of the store
• Straighten stocked shelves and ensure that any near expiry items are isolated or removed
• Place price tags on shelves and ensure that appropriate barcodes accompany the pricing stickers
• Perform cleaning and maintenance duties to ensure that assigned shelves and racks are managed properly
• Create and maintain effective liaison with procurement officers to ensure consistent delivery of items
Home Store, Fort Wayne, IN | 2/2014 – 5/2015
• Welcomed customers and assisted them in finding their choice of products
• Assisted customers in determining pricing and expiry information on chosen products
• Led customers through the payment procedure, ensuring that each item is properly scanned and billed
• Bagged purchases and ensured that they were carried out to customers’ vehicles
• Gathered trolleys from parking areas and placed them in designated trolley dispensing units
High School Diploma
Fort Wayne High School, Fort Wayne, IN | 2013