The work of a sales associate working at a supermarket is not much different from one working at any other retail store.
The only difference is the volume of people that they cater to.
Supermarket sales associates greet customers and assist them in locating their choice of products along with providing them information on different items.
Their role is significant in the sense that they work closely with customers in order to close sales and meet their targets.
In some instances, they are also expected to perform the duties of a cashier.
If you are in the process of applying for the position of a supermarket sales associate, you should read the following list of duties thoroughly before you write a Supermarket Sales Associate resume.
Supermarket Sales Associate Job Description
• Welcome customers as they arrive at the supermarket
• Provide customers with information on daily deals and discounts
• Assist customers in finding their choice of items or escort them to the right shelves
• Stock shelves following the supermarket’s policies and make sure that any out of stock product is informed to the supervisor
• Answer customers’ queries regarding products and deliveries
• Guide customers throughout the shopping process
• Demonstrate supermarket items to sell them
• Ensure that any damaged or expired products are reported and removed from shelves
• Perform cashier duties by handling cash, credit and check payments
• Attach pricing labels to items before placing them on shelves
• Ensure that the produce section is replenished with fresh items continuously
• Manage customers’ refunds and returns
• Keep a vigilant eye on shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards
• Report any suspicious activity within the premise of supermarket
• Receive delivery of supermarket merchandise and make sure that all items are stored and stacked properly
• Keep a complete track of number and type of sales performed each day
• Arrange delivery of large items to customers
• Ensure that any price changes put on items immediately
• Provide sales training to new hires and assist them during the induction phase