Applying for a manicurist and pedicurist position will require you to write a solid resume to impact the hiring manager’s decision.
When writing one, you have to take into account all your past experience, and skills in this regard.
Your resume must highlight the fact that you are a professional individual, who can effectively handle high-quality client services.
Specifically, your resume should include your skills in clipping, polishing, and trimming nails, and performing dipping and cleaning services.
Also, it should emphasize the fact that you are an excellent worker, who can multitask, and still provide exceptional personal services.
The following resume for a manicurist/pedicurist position will help you in determining ways to write your own:
Manicurist and Pedicurist Resume Example
48 Chapel Road, Gulf Shores, AL57031
Client-focused individual, with 8+ years of experience of working in a salon environment. Highly knowledgeable about determining client’s specific nail treatment requirements, and providing correlating suggestions. Demonstrated ability to promote and sell salon services and retail items.
• Clipping and Trimming
• Nail Art & Buffing
• Work Area Disinfection
• Nail Shaping
• Hands and Feet Assessment
• Nail Care Advice
• Nail Strength Improvement
• Appointment Scheduling
• Client Follow-up
• Introduced a novel nail art to the salon, increasing client base by 25%
• Implemented a unique nail buffing technique, thereby, reduced nail cracking
• Trained 50+ newly hired salon service assistance in performing manicures and pedicures
Manicurist / Pedicurist
Munds Park Salon, Gulf Shores, AL
11/2017 – Present
• Check manicure and pedicure appointments for the day and plan accordingly
• Schedule appointments and perform follow-up tasks
• Assess clients’ hands and feet to determine the right type of manicure or pedicure needed
• Provide clients with information on available hands and feet services
• Assist clients in choosing the right services for their skin types
• Remove old nail polish from nails, and clean them properly
• Place hands and feet in warm water in order to soften nails and dead skin
• Remove dead skin and cuticles, ensuring that no nicks or cuts are imminent
• Clip, trim, and buff nails to shape them properly
• Scrub hands and feet using high-quality scrubs and moisturizers
• Massage hands and feet at the end of the process
• Put on nail paint as per clients’ requirements
• Educate clients about post-treatment care
All Care Salon, Gulf Shores, AL
2/2013 – 11/2017
• Greeted clients as they arrived at the salon
• Provided clients with salon services information
• Assisted clients in choosing the right services
• Scheduled appointments and made follow-up calls
• Performed upselling services pertaining to services, and retail products
Bachelor’s Degree in Aesthetics
Alabama State University, Gulf Shores, AL – 2012