When you are a student, or have just finished school or a course, things seem a bit uncertain where employment is concerned. There isn’t much experience in hand that you can brag about and confidence is not a great friend. Writing a cosmetology student resume at this point may seem futile – after all, what can you possibly write when you have had no experience in the Cosmetology field?
The good news is that resumes are not all about experience. Someone who has worked in a particular industry for many years will of course be expected to fill his or her resume with experiences. However, someone who has just finished training or has just graduated from high school, will only be expected to provide information of his or her skills. Fair enough? Right!
For the format and the language, you can use the following resume sample for a cosmetology student:
2 Middle Road ● Conway, AR 00874 ● (000) 232-5871 ● glo.rvan @email .com
Senior Cosmetology student with a firm grip on cosmetology concepts concerning hair, skin and nail. Exceptionally well-versed in analyzing customers’ hair and skin to provide suggestions for care and treatment.
ARKANSAS BEAUTY SCHOOL, Conway, AR – Ongoing
A.A. Degree in Cosmetology
Coursework: Haircutting ~ Hairstyling ~ Hair Coloring ~ Permanent Wave ~ Curly Hair Techniques ~ Nail Care ~ Skin Care ~ Salon Management
• Skilled in proposing hair and skin care solutions for a variety of face structure and skin types
• Proficient in cutting, trimming and styling hair to ensure correlation to features
• Adept at using equipment such as scissors, clippers, curlers and irons to create different hairdos and styles
• Competent at performing scalp treatments, manicures and pedicures and massages based on each client’s individual requirements
|• Wig-fitting||• Hair Dying||• Massage Therapies|
|• Hair Extensions||• Retail Products Upselling||• Client Scheduling|
|• Style Development||• Skin Treatments||• Nail Enhancements|
GREAT CLIPS, Conway, AR (Jun 2015 – Aug 2015)
• Inspected clients’ hair and skin to determine required procedures
• Cut and trimmed hair and hairpieces based on clients’ instructions and preferences
• Scheduled appointments and followed up on appointments to ensure their maturity
• Upsold the salon’s retail products by marketing them efficiently
• Operated cash registers and processed both cash and credit card payments
• Assisted in the cleanliness and maintenance of the salon, particularly the front desk and waiting areas
Last updated on