Objectives statements are great resume openers. You write one on a resume and it immediately gives your resume a direction.
Objectives on a resume are important not only because they give it a direction but they also make sure that the reader becomes interested and stays interested until the last section of your resume.
How to Write a Great Career Objective Statement for a Cosmetology Student Resume?
Write 2-3 sentences by mentioning the name of the position, your key skills, and your desire to bring results.
One thing that you do need to make sure of when crafting your resume objective, is not to make it ordinary, boring, or irrelevant.
If you are applying for more than one job, your resume objective will change for each one. Why? Because you need to write correlating objectives for each position, outlining specifically your abilities to perform the work expected of you.
Here are some examples of resume objectives of a cosmetology student’s resume:
Sample Objectives for Cosmetology Student Resume
1. Looking for a Cosmetology internship at Great Clips. Utilizing strong knowledge of cutting, trimming, and shaping hair and hairpieces according to each client’s facial features and requirements.
2. Seeking a Cosmetology Intern position at Green Valley Salon. Bringing competencies in inspecting hair, face, and scalp to determine problems and provide treatments.
3. Strong desire to get a position as a Salon Assistant at Amazing Lash Studio. Bringing a deep insight into cutting and styling hair using a wide variety of equipment and tools such as clippers, scissors, straighteners, and curlers.
4. Seeking a Cosmetologist position with ABC Company to leverage the knowledge of providing scalp treatments, handling manicures and pedicures, and using chemical solutions such as dyes and bleach by strictly following safety procedures.
5. To obtain a Cosmetologist position at The Salon of Life. Poised to apply proficiencies in analyzing patrons’ hair types and provide them with suggestions for hairstyling. Able to accurately handle the front desk and scheduling duties and manage up-selling of the salon’s retail products.
6. Looking for a Cosmetologist position at Creations Spa and Salon to use the ability to perform scalp treatments, massages, and hairstyling, keeping in mind patrons’ specific requirements to ensure return business.