Pipeline engineering is a famous engineering avenue which includes engineer design and review of pipelines and associated facilities.
They plan and implement both installation and maintenance of pipelines and also ensure that upgrades to platforms and terminals are correctly done.
Technically, pipeline engineers serve as a link between pipeline workers and operational areas to make sure that pipeline projects are performed correctly.
One of the most important duties of a pipeline engineer is to plan how a pipelining project will begin and how it will end – and make sure that every activity in between is carried out properly.
As providers of specialized engineering services, pipeline engineers work to ensure on-time oil and gas transportation and track the flow of products through pipelines.
They are responsible for creating structural designs and delegating assignments to field workers.
To be eligible as a pipeline engineer, one has to possess a degree in engineering along with a deep understanding of engineering principles and construction design.
See also: Pipeline Engineer Cover Letter
Job Description for Pipeline Engineer Resume
• Design, develop and implement flow sheets for pipeline projects
• Ensure that sizing and design calculations for pipelines and rises are accurate
• Identify bottlenecks in pipeline project implementation, and perform measures to troubleshoot them
• Review riser designs and routing plans to ensure optimized work processes
• Identify costs estimates of materials and labor for each pipeline project and provide input into procurement activities
• Perform work procedures such as pigging, commissioning, start-up, and purging
• Review laid pipelines for consistencies pertaining to stability and flow
• Develop and modify pipeline project specifications to meet the changing requirements of the project
• Verify design correctness and completion of associated documents
• Create and maintain meaningful relationships with project managers and engineers to ensure project stability
• Develop and implement regulatory measures and ensure that they conform to project requirements
• Coordinate with vendors to ensure that proper material is obtained
• Maintain liaison with clients and take feedback on the ongoing project
• Perform hazard analysis and take measures to minimize onsite hazards
• Perform training activities to ensure that pipeline workers are ready for each project
• Ensure integrity of pipelining project and corrosion control
• Provide workers with best practices information in a bid to ensure their physical safety