Uber Driver Job Description
Working as an Uber or Lyft driver is a great way of earning a little extra using your car and driver’s license.
One of the main reasons people work with Uber is to supplement their income, as it is a great opportunity to “have your cake and eat it too”.
But working as a driver with Uber is not fun and games only.
You have to possess an inherent ability to please your customers so that they provide repeat business to the company.
No formal education is required for the position of a Lyft or Uber driver
Knowledge of using and working with technology such as the GPS, android or apple phone, and the Uber app that will be required to communicate with customers.
An exceptional ability to get along with customers, and provide the best services.
You will need to possess a valid driver’s license of the state where you intend to work in, along with a clean driving record.
If you are eager to work in this type of challenging environment, you may be interested in the following list of duties associated with this work:
Uber/Lyft Driver Duties & Responsibilities
- Comprehend the use of Uber software, by extensively going through its functions and features.
- Respond to calls and pings from passengers according to the protocols established by the company.
- Receive and follow customers’ locations through the software, and follow the route as given by the uber app.
- Ensure timely arrival at the customers’ destinations and inquire into further destinations.
- Greet passengers when they embark on the vehicle.
- Confirm passengers’ identity by using their names to establish familiarity.
- Ensure that safe routes are used to reach desired destinations.
- Consider customers’ alternate route suggestions, after confirming that they are safe to use.
- Work with the Uber software to ensure the truncation of rides, at the end of each ride, according to the specifics of established protocols.
- Reroute passages to destinations in cases of high traffic, or road diversions, due to construction work.
- Perform both preventative and regular maintenance on cars ensuring that they remain in good working order.
- Maintain COVID-19 safety requirements when transporting passengers.
Uber Eats Driver Duties and Responsibilities
- Pick up food from the restaurants, and safely transport the food in the insulated food delivery bags.
- Ensure to keep hot food HOT and cold food COLD in an insulated container.
- Maintain a neat and professional approach at all times.
- Hand over the food to the right person either on the door or curbside.
- Maintain the COVID-19 safety guidelines during food delivery.
Working as an Uber driver may seem like a lot of fun, but it is hard work.
This is because you have to work in inclement weather conditions, and traffic issues may pull you down at times.
Also, you have to maintain a polite and professional attitude in order to get a good rating and more trips, as well as tips.