Since working as a school bus driver means a lot of responsibility, you have to be extra careful in writing your resume, especially when you have had no prior experience. A school bus driver’s resume should include their knowledge of ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children, as well as the ability to run a mechanically sound school bus.
Even if you have no experience in hand, you can write a school bus driver resume with great success. All you have to do is ensure that the sections within it are properly charted out with information about your knowledge of the work. If you have volunteered on a school bus before, do not hesitate to mention it in your resume.
Concentrating on your skills in driving a school bus carefully, on pre-mapped routes is important when writing a resume for a school bus driver position. Equally important is to highlight the fact that you can handle children’s safety, and ensure that they are transported to their destinations in a timely manner.
You can take ideas from the following resume sample to write your own for this position:
Sample Resume for Entry Level School Bus Driver With No Experience
1038 Billiard Road, Wheeling, WV28763
Highly enthusiastic and competent individual, with current Class B CDL with Passenger Endorsement. Exceptional knowledge of driving school buses in a safe manner. Effectively able to map out proper routes to destinations using GPS, as well as standard maps. Familiar with following the right vehicle driving codes to ensure the safe transportation of school children.
High School Diploma
Wheeling High School, Wheeling, WV – 2020
• High Achieving Student for 3 years consistently, owing to the exceptional educational record.
• Picked out from a student body of 4000 to represent the school at the international level in a debating competition.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Vehicle Maintenance • Driving Codes
• Mapping • On-road Safety
• Emergency Management • Repair and Maintenance
School Bus Volunteer
Alpine Schools, Wheeling, WV
5/2020 – 7/2020
• Greeted children as they approached the bus at pick-up time
• Assisted children in embarking or disembarking to or from the bus
• Provided them with help in carrying heavy bags onto the bus
• Ensured that children were properly seated, and belted in
• Oversaw children’s behavior and ensured that they followed rules
• Assisted in the maintenance and repair of assigned buses
• GPS Navigation
• 2-way radio operations
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Offered free services to daycare for 6 months
• Volunteered services to a children’s hospital on an ongoing basis