A school bus driver who hasn’t had any experience must write a standout cover letter to make an interview call possible.
If the open position is for an entry-level individual, you will not have any issues qualifying for it, as long as you provide solid information about your skills in your cover letter.
Primarily, you should write the following points in your cover letter:
- License information
- Training in driving a school bus
- The ability to perform repair and maintenance on assigned buses
- Awareness of the different types of emergency situations that may come about when driving a school bus, and how well you can handle them.
- Your love for children, and your ability to ensure their wellbeing and safety.
The following is a cover letter sample for an entry-level school bus driver position that you can go through:
Entry Level School Bus Driver Cover Letter With No Experience
June 29, 2022
Mrs. Catherine Cohen
Alpine Group of Schools
910 Frankfurt Road
Harpers Ferry, WV 12002
Dear Mrs. Cohen:
I am very excited to apply for a School Bus Driver job at Alpine Group of Schools. With my Class B CDL with passenger endorsement and relevant training, I’d be able to ensure the safety, comfort, and timely transport of school children.
As a safety-conscious individual, I know exactly what measures to take to ensure that children remain in a constant bubble of safety before, after, and during the journey.
Specifically, I possess the following strengths and knowledge:
- Safely picking up and dropping children along scheduled routes in a timely manner.
- Effectively following a planned route on a time schedule.
- Assisting children on and off the bus, looking after the needs of special children specifically.
- Following traffic rules and regulations, and federal transit regulations.
- Performing preventative, and regular maintenance on assigned school buses.
With my positive outlook on this work, and an inherent desire to ensure the complete safety and well-being of children, I am sure that I can contribute significantly.
I am thrilled at the prospect of working at Alpine Group of Schools and eager to discuss this role with you in detail. Please call me at (000) 511-3185.
Thank you for your time and consideration.