What exactly is a resume?
A resume is an organized compilation of your education, experiences, skills, and achievements.
But how are these four elements placed in an entry-level resume?
That is a challenge.
It might not be a problem to define who you are (even if you have no experience), but it will be an issue to outline your work-related accomplishments if you haven’t really had a chance to work in a professional capacity.
The best news you will receive today is that employers seldom look for information on your experience or accomplishments when they are hiring you at the entry-level.
They expect you to lack in these areas. However, they do not expect you to lack in other areas such as skills and qualifications. Because if these two are not highlighted properly, you are in big trouble!
You might want to consider going through some resume design basics to get you through the initial resume format issues.
Clear, concise, and inviting to read resumes ensure that the reader has easy access to information that he wants to read.
1-inch margins on all sides will take care of the physical appearance of your resume.
Generally, 1 page for an entry-level resume is sufficient – you can go up to 2 but try to stick to one.
For your benefit, here is a resume sample (for a housekeeping aid) that is written along these lines:
Entry Level Housekeeping Aide Resume with No Experience
5200 Canton Street
West Haven, CT 01933
belincarr @email .com
Customer service-oriented housekeeping aide with pleasant personality and passion to go the extra mile. Seeking employment at ABC Company. Eager to perform housekeeping duties such as sweeping, mopping, polishing, and sanitizing rooms, bathrooms, lobbies, and waiting areas.
• Familiar with cleaning, maintaining, and storing equipment and tools required for housekeeping work.
• Knowledge of identifying and reporting preventative maintenance issues and following up on them so that they are handled on time.
– Stocking and Inventory
– Laundry Support
– Waste Management
– Room Service
– Preventative Maintenance
– Guest Satisfaction Maintenance
– Chemicals Handling
– Health and Safety Protocols
– Customer Service
– Furniture and Fixture Polishing
High School Diploma
West Haven High School, West Haven, CT
HONORARY WORK EXPERIENCE (Optional)
Marriot, West Haven, CT
1/2022 – 2/2022
• Cleaned guest rooms, lobbies, reception areas, and hallways by sweeping and mopping.
• Washed and sanitized bathrooms and replenished supplies such as soap, shampoo, and towels.
• Gathered linen and guests’ laundry, tagged each bundle, and ensured that it was delivered to the laundry room.
• Made beds and changed linen, along with handling waste management duties by emptying wastepaper baskets and ashtrays.
• Responded to guests’ requests by listening carefully and then providing them with newspapers and extra towels.
EXCELLENT REFERENCES are available.