Graphic designing is mainly about skills. So, no experience in this area does not necessarily mean no job opportunities. However, a degree in graphic design will take you a long way.
Applying for an entry-level graphic designer position can seem a bit overwhelming, simply because you haven’t done it before. No need to worry.
Choose a simple resume format, and make sure that you place information that sits well with the hiring manager.
Also, focus on deliverables. What you have to offer (design sense and elements) in terms of what a hiring manager needs must be focused on.
If you have done some projects voluntarily, make sure that they are highlighted.
A resume sample for a graphic designer position is what follows:
Graphic Designer Resume No Experience
73 Alford Road, Wheeling, WV10964
Certified Graphic Designer with exceptional aesthetic and design sense. Proven ability to create new designs for both internal and external printed marketing materials. Effectively able to create presentation materials to support training, management meetings, and executive presentations. Knowledge of developing and implementing design strategies to enhance brand images.
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Designing
West Virginia State University, Wheeling, WV – 2019
• Responsible for the introduction of graphite technology as part of the design course
• Chosen to redesign the university’s logo, eventually earning accolades for a job well done
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Outreach Strategies
• Message Determination
• Graphics Development
• Changes and Modifications Incorporation
• Design Review
• Project Scheduling
• Visuals Conceptualization
• Graphics Testing
HSGA Real Estate Group, Wheeling, WV | 2/2019 – Present
• Met with clients in order to determine their design preferences
• Advised clients on different strategies to reach their target audiences
• Created images in accordance with clients’ requirements
• Developed graphics for product illustrations and logos
• Selected vibrant or dim colors depending on the theme of each design
• Determined clients’ budgets and identified ways to keep within them
• Prepared rough drafts in order to assist clients to understand ideas
• Estimated time for each project, and provided timelines
• Produced new ideas and developed interactive designs
• Proofread content in to ensure that no spelling or grammatical mistakes were evident
• Adobe Suite
• Autodesk Sketchbook
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Volunteered services at the local rugby club for children under 11
• Led a team of volunteers to provide assistance at Helping Hands Hospice