The jitters never ease whether it is a first resume that you are writing for interior designer position. The only difference is that when you write your first resume, you are a little unsure of what to put in.
There is a lot of stuff that you can write in an interior designer resume even if you have had little or no experience in hand. Think of the resume as a document that communicates your abilities and qualifications to a prospective employer. Experience is important but employers are usually more interested in knowing what you can do rather than what you have done.
Here is a resume sample for an entry level job seeker who wants to work as an interior designer:
5178 5th Avenue ● Wayland, NY 00650 ● (000) 142-7414 ● justtuck @email .com
SUMMARY: Creative and versatile individual with deep knowhow of planning and organizing the design of commercial and domestic interiors. Especially well-versed in developing initial ideas for design and acquiring key information from clients to determine their specific requirements.
New York State University, Wayland, NY – 2015
Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
Coursework: Space Planning ~ Design Fundamentals ~ Observational Drawing ~ Perspective Drawing ~ Architectural Drafting ~ Sketching and Ideation ~ Presentation Techniques ~ Digital Modeling
• Proven ability to develop design concepts by consulting with clients and establishing final briefs
• Highly skilled in determining materials and costs required for each design project module, in accordance to the client’s budget
• Proficient in conducting feasibility studies for each project to determine its viability
• Qualified to produce mood boards and samples to present to clients with a view to help them decide designs and themes
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|• Project Scheduling||• Design Briefs||• Material Selection|
|• Cost Management||• Budget Handling||• Current Industry Trends|
|• Space Planning||• Environmental Planning||• Timeline Management|
Cannon Design, Wayland, NY (6/2015 to 12/2015)
Interior Designing Intern
• Conferred with clients to determine their specific needs for designing the interiors of commercial and residential buildings
• Laid out plans to meet clients’ specifications and created feasibility studies
• Determined space utilization for each projects and create quotes of materials and supplies to be used
• Sketched preliminary designs for each project module, in accordance to the specific requirements of each client
• Placed orders for materials and ensured that design elements were properly installed
EXCELLENT REFERENCES available.