A graphic artist creates, designs, and produces a variety of original graphic materials and artwork to support the promotional, and informational needs of the business.
In order to write a good graphic artist resume to apply for this job, you will need to highlight the following points in your resume.
- Meeting with customers to determine design needs.
- Producing original finished artwork for signs, charts, posters, displays, letterheads, cartoons, certificates, and overhead transparencies.
- Interpreting data to present in visually attractive and easily understood charts and graphs.
- Creating and designing original layouts for printed materials.
- Working with print shops on the execution of promotional or informational needs from original designs.
- Performs desktop publishing, and publishing digital printing.
Here is an example for your further guidance:
Graphic Artist Resume Example
20 S Yale Street, Hemet, CA 00223
trishsaint @ email .com
Seasoned graphic artist with exceptional aesthetic skills aimed at meeting clients’ graphic design requirements. Excellent project planning abilities, with great talent to get along well with coworkers, clients, and supervisors. Innovatively able to design, develop, and print electronic and web-based media products that target a variety of audiences.
• Particularly talented in designing graphics, branding, and marketing materials such as corporate templates and logos.
• Ability to present mockups, drafts, and design ideas for approval and capability of maintaining flexibility in producing final drafts.
• Unmatched ability to use the latest tools and technology to produce innovative graphic design and artwork for use in presentations and publications.
• Creative Direction
• Storyboard Sequencing
• Promotional Materials
• Signage Production
• Chalkboards Illustration
• IMI Development
• Visual Depictions
• Multi-image Presentations
• Workflow Coordination
• Printing Quality Assurance
• Schedule Adherence
• Known widely for contributing immensely to the graphic illustration for the upcoming movie.
• Singlehandedly managed to meet a tight deadline for graphics for a comic book.
Logo Nation, Hemet, CA
6/2019 – Present
• Meet with clients to determine their specific design requirements and provide suitable suggestions.
• Produce illustrations for proposals and various documents such as cover pages and organizational charts.
• Design graphics by firstly sketching ideas and then using technology to develop them.
• Create marketing and branding materials such as corporate templates, brochures, logos, and business cards.
TUHG LLC, Hemet, CA
5/2015 – 6/2019
• Present mockups, drafts, and design ideas and ensure that they are approved before developing them further.
• Plan and design production of graphics to be used in instructional aids and exhibits.
• Review layouts and final plans and ascertain that artistic media is properly evaluated.
• Coordinate the workflow production so that all arranged and produced graphics can be published within provided timelines.
Graphic Design Intern
AECOM, Hemet, CA
2/2014 – 5/2015
• Assisted graphic designers in comprehending clients’ graphic design requirements by taking and recording notes.
• Provided design ideas that correlated with specified concepts and assisted in developing them.
• Created custom professional graphics and freehand drawings for use in web-based applications.
• Provided support in recommending visual depictions of information for maximum appeal and impact.
• Identified vendors and publishers for printing products, in accordance with the budgetary limitations of the company.
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Designing
Hemet Community College, Hemet, CA