Graphic Artist Cover letter opening lines matter the most. There are many different ways of opening a cover letter designed to hook the reader to not stop till the very end.
Here is a list that you can look through:
• Name Dropping: If you know someone in the company that you wish to apply to, there is no harm in providing a reference. Ask the person whose name you will take, though.
• Company Knowledge Revelation: This is by far the most effective way of opening your cover letter. Provide the reader with information on what you know about the company and he will be instantly hooked. Everyone likes people who perform detailed research!
• Narrative Hook: Use your storytelling acumen here by spinning a story to entice the reader. You can talk about a past relevant experience or exposure to obtain his interest,
• Questions: Are you in the market for a detail-oriented and meticulous individual? Who doesn’t want one? Ask a question to make the reader question himself.
• Reference to Advertisements: This is a common way of opening a cover letter. You refer to the ad that the employer has posted and taken it on from there.
Whichever hook you decide to use, make sure that your cover letter is worth the reader’s time.
Take ideas from the following cover letter sample that uses name dropping as a hook:
Recommended: Graphic Artist Resume Sample
Sample Cover Letter for Graphic Artist Position
85 Trafalgar Square
Hemet, CA 14200
November 20, 2020
Mr. Jordan Welsh
63 Pole Street
Hemet, CA 99663
Dear Mr. Welsh:
Ms. Gina Walsh who works as a project manager for the Alpha Two project at Logo Nation mentioned that there was a vacancy for a graphic artist here. She further elaborated that you are looking to hire someone who is not just creatively inclined but can also provide detailed input into a special art project that the company is presently working on.
I believe that I can fit this description quite well, owing to the following qualifications:
- Track record of creating custom professional graphics and animations for both print and televised media.
- Excellent skills in designing, developing and printing electronic and web-based products by targeting diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to provide recommendations for visual depictions of information for maximum appeal and impact.
If you land on [Your Webpage Link Here], you will come across my design profile, a large part of which matches exactly what you are looking for. Once you have been through the profile, you can contact me at (888) 888-8888 for further details.
I look forward to hearing from you soon and eventually, meeting with you in person.