An orthodontic assistant resume is a vital document that is required to apply for a new job.
This document contains information about your relevant experiences and qualifications under different headings in a logical manner.
If your resume, along with the orthodontic assistant cover letter, is written with proper care, you can get many interviews and job opportunities.
Here are 2 sample resumes to help you write a great resume for an orthodontic assistant position.
Orthodontic Assistant Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10+ Years
54 Brenton Street
Litchfield, NH 82938
gerogia.dar @ email . com
Committed to providing exceptional chair-side assistance.
• Top-performing dental assisting professional with 11+ years’ track record of providing orthodontists with assistance in handling complex dental procedures.
• Well-versed in ensuring patient comfort during each dental procedure along with the ability to educate patients and their families about dental concerns.
• Known for delivering quality and compassionate care to patients based on their individual orthodontic needs.
• Excellent skills in preparing patients for examinations and treatments and informing them about what to expect during each procedure.
• Proficient in taking dental x-rays and saving them to patients’ charts.
• Competent at preparing tray setups to be used during dental procedures.
• Revamped the instrument sterilization system by introducing “side by side sterilization.”
• Wrote a 10-page booklet to be used for patient education purposes.
• Trained 5 new orthodontist assistants in the use of sophisticated dental photography equipment.
• Reduced material costs by $4000 per month by pre-ordering materials in bulk.
PERFECT TEETH, Litchfield, NH
Sep 2010 – Present
• Interview patients to determine their dental histories and any allergies that they might have
• Provide patients with information on orthodontic procedures and educate them on how to handle care at home
• Document patient information and treatment plan appropriately
• Educate patients in oral hygiene procedures and answer their questions
• Take x-rays off and record them to patient charts
• Process orthodontic facial photos and ensure that they are developed in a time-efficient manner
• Prepare setup trays with appropriate instruments and ensure that examination and procedure rooms are prepared properly
• Provide chairside assistance by handing instruments to orthodontists
• Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment on a constant basis
SMILE BRANDS INC., Litchfield, NH
Mar 2009 – Sep 2010
• Assisted in setting up procedure and examination rooms
• Provided patients with education on orthodontic procedures and after procedure care
• Sterilized instruments and ensured that examinations and procedures rooms are sanitized
• Verified patient health history by interviewing them and recorded information in patient files
Dental Assistant Diploma
REMINGTON COLLEGE, Litchfield, NH – 2008
– Oral Anatomy
– Chair-side Assisting
– Dental Office Emergencies
ORTHODONTIC ASSISTING COMPETENCIES
– Orthodontic photography
– Instrument setup
– Chairside assistance
– Patient education
– Materials preparation
– Dental x-rays
– Oral evaluations
– Oral hygiene
– Dental impressions
MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Internet, Email and Social Media
Orthodontic Assistant Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5+ Years
839 Darrowby Street
sally.bond @ email . com
Extremely reliable Orthodontic Assistant with 7+ years’ track record of installation, care, and removal of dental appliances including bridges, crowns, implants, braces, and dentures. Self-motivated, with a great sense of responsibility and excellent communication and customer service skills. Associate of Science in Orthodontics. RDA and COA Certified.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Documented success in chair-side procedures, with a special focus on providing quality support services.
• Proficient in radiology and orthodontic radiograph procedures.
• Special talent for providing patients with the best care in terms of oral hygiene.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with children, especially those afraid of the “dentist’s chair”.
Rob Roy Dental Partners, Mesina, TX
6/2015 – Present
• Planned and organized 8 nationwide orthodontic seminars
• Successfully planned and implemented an awareness tutorial for school children, which resulted in a 22% increase in children visiting their orthodontist on a regular basis
• Revamped the records management system which resulted in a 50% decrease in time used to pull patient data
• Perform proper sterilization, infection, and biohazard control
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of dental terminology to ensure that no miscommunication takes place between orthodontist and assistant
• Perform chair-side procedures correctly and efficiently, specifically to put patients at ease
• Exhibit knowledge of dental instruments and tray set-ups
• Take, develop, and mount x-rays: read and explain them to patients
• Carry out lab procedures including screening for diseases
• Handle maintenance of dental equipment and instruments according to set guidelines
• Carry out procurement of orthodontic supplies as well as keep a record of inventory
• Communicate with patients when necessary to ensure reassurance while going through surgical procedures
The Dental Surgery, Mesina, TX
1/2014 – 6/2015
• Sterilized dental equipment and instruments and kept them ready for procedures
• Took dental x-rays and provided feedback to orthodontist regarding findings
• Carried out maintenance duties pertaining to orthodontic equipment and instruments
• Prepared examination and surgical rooms and educated patients regarding procedures
• Handled scheduling duties and followed up on appointments
Associate of Science in Orthodontics
Mesina College of Dentistry – 2013
RDA and COA Certification
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Braces/Mouth Guards
- Lab Procedures
- Orthodontic Software
- Biohazard Prevention
- Area Cleanliness
- Time management