A teller is accountable for precisely conducting all credit and debit transactions in keeping with established policies and procedures of the organization. They keep proper cash supply readily available and organize the daily record of transactions.
Also, they are required to deliver exceptional service to clients, meet sales goals, and enthusiastically participate in sales promotions.
A cover letter for a teller position introduces your traits, unique skills, and qualifications to prospective employers. Besides a teller resume, a cover letter is the key document of your job application set.
Refer the example below to get assistance in creating and perfecting your letter.
Teller Cover Letter Example 1
54 6th North Street
Flemington, NJ 65287
April 7, 2021
Ms. Anna Anderson
Human Resources Manager
Fulton Financial Corporation
32 New South Ave
Flemington, NJ 65936
Dear Ms. Anderson:
I am writing to express my interest in Teller position at Fulton Financial Corporation, as advertised in The New Jersey Times. The position is an excellent fit for my qualifications and career interests.
Your Teller position requires strong skills in performing teller transactions in addition to excellent communication and customer service abilities, a background in the financial sector, and the ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member. My hands-on experiences have prepared me to perform exceptionally well in all of these areas.
Specifically, I am very skilled in:
- Counting and depositing cash, and checking into accounts, and examining proper endorsements
- Sorting and packaging payment, filling cash orders, and maintaining a daily record of transactions
- Handling cash register, and 20+ customers per hour
- Balancing daily cash and ATM accounts
- Attending to 50+ customer calls per day
These experiences, combined with my commitment to providing exceptional customer service, make me an excellent candidate for the Teller position at Fulton Financial Corporation. My enclosed resume details my qualifications and skills.
As a results-driven teller, I’d welcome the chance to meet with you to discuss this position in detail. I will call your office after one week to set up an interview date and time. In the interim, you may contact me at (000) 201-3232.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Sample Cover Letter for Teller Position (Example 2)
647 Wichita Avenue
Cleveland, OH 88889
April 7, 2021
Mr. Cliff Richards
Bank of America
789 Bantry Lane
Cleveland, OH 63999
Dear Mr. Richards:
I am applying for the position of Teller, recently posted on Bank of America’s website. With over nine years of experience working as a teller, I am now ready to apply my skills in a diverse financial environment. My professional background and education well-qualify me to make a substantial contribution to Bank of America’s bottom line.
The depth of my experience as a teller offers you the prospect of hiring a high-performing professional who has the capability of providing the best results. Let me draw you to some of my strengths which have been instrumental in the career success that I have achieved over the years:
✓ Successfully reconciled a 180-page financial statement of corporate clients.
✓ Attained upselling goals by 100% between 2018 and 2020.
✓ Demonstrated professionalism, efficiency, and tact to enhance customer satisfaction.
✓ Ethics and accuracy to continually safeguard the bank’s assets and efficiently manage all transactions.
✓ Problem-solving insight resulting in customer retention.
Besides that, I have a demonstrated ability to perform transactions in complete accordance with the bank’s policies and procedures. It is this thoroughness of nature and the knack for contributing to the efficient operations of the bank, which have provided me with several career opportunities over the years. You will discover from my references and the enclosed resume that I have complete knowledge of managing banking transactions and engaging clients in dialogue to determine their financial needs.
I’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about the Teller position and discuss my quantitative, analytical, and cashiering skills in more depth. I look forward to hearing from you and can be reached on my phone at (000) 214-9987 or via email at (Email).
Thank you for your consideration. I will follow up with you after five working days to ensure that you have received my application materials.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for Teller Position?
Below are 9 useful tips that will help you in writing professional cover letter for teller job.
- Tailor your letter to the job description advertised by the organization you are applying to.
- Address it to a specific and relevant person.
- Use similar paper, font style, and size parallel to your resume.
- Keep it short and to the point. Three to four paragraphs on one page will be suitable enough to hold the employer’s interest.
- Elucidate how you are the best candidate for the organization’s requirements, not what you are expecting from the employer.
- Change the structure of your sentence; don’t start all of your sentences with the word “I.”
- Do not forget to mention the follow-up action you will take; close the letter identifying what you will do for the follow-up. Request for an interview. Show the plan by calling the employer’s office.
- Put your signature before your name and retain copies of all communication.
- Proofread. Bring your letter to family and close friends to have someone else proofread it.
See also: Teller Cover Letter No Experience